Restart

jontimm

Reaction score
My droid x restarts quit a bit for no reason. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

redelephants

Reaction score
Mine too. Kinda annoying. Anyone???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, this is going to hurt:

There are basically two main reasons for these reboots. One is that some apps you've installed are not playing well with each other or with the OS. The other is that the OS is borked (technical term for "Screwed Up"). The first thing to do is a Factory Hard Reset. This will delete all user data (that's the hard part!!). Then you can wait and see if the phone reboots while clean. If it does, then the OS is borked and you can contact Verizon. They may elect to reflash the OS at a factory store. This would be my first choice as I would not want to play the Russian Roulette of "Certified Like New" replacement phones. If reflashing isn't a choice, then they will replace the phone.

If the phone doesn't reboot, then some of the apps or the settings were causing the problem. Add your apps back and watch when the problem returns. BTW, you can also install one of the LogCat apps (I don't recall right now if you have to be rooted to use these, but I don't think so). These will record what the OS is doing and you can look back at the reboot time to see what was going on.

The above is just my opinion, but hopefully it will help with your issues. (sorry for rambling, I forgot about the logcat option and had already typed all that stuff and didn't want to go back and change everything. So, just do the editing in your head!!:))

Good luck.

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
My X never had reboot issues until this latest update. A real pain in the butt. Now Launcher Pro Plus force closes a few times a day and the phone reboots a LOT each day. Like 7 times a day.
A damn shame as my X was kickass before the update. One of my iPhone buddies was gonna buy an X and now he won't because he sees my X rebooting and freezing.
Way to go, Verizon...: p

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
DrSacasmo, you have a bad update. It either didn't download right or it didn't install right. The OS is covered under the warranty. Take it to a Verizon store that has a decent tech and see if they can reflash the OS for you. If that fails or is not available, have the phone replaced. The last update worked for millions of people. It should work for you too.