DROID X Overclock Help

KSR

Reaction score
I just downloaded "Milestone Overclock" and I'm wondering what is safe to set the DROID X to (rooted on 4.2.1)? Right now I moved it from 1000 (default) to 1150 and its already so much faster. I can also set it to 1300, but that seems a little high so I wanna make sure what's safe for DX... :)

<<17 :D>>

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
All phones processors Max speeds are different. If you experience reboots or freezing then lower the MHz. A good test for stability is to use quadrant standard. If it freezes or reboots then slow it down.

Reaction score
higher you set it the faster it will kill your battery

also as stated above the phone can start to freeze or reboot itself if set too high or if the kernal voltage is set too low

the milestone overclock worked? im kinda surprised though its the same processor, its a different kernal. shoulda used jrummys droid2/x overclock

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
Milestone Tether seems to be working fine with my DROID X when set to 1150. I'll try 1300 later today, after I'm sure its truly stabble on 1150. :)

<<17 :D>>

cananot

Reaction score
I am using Droid X overclock and my max MHz is only a 1000 I'm wondering how everyone else is overclocking theres to 1150 and 1300 since I didn't see on any of the Droids X's was there a faster CPU? So are you all talking about Scaling frequencies?

N

Nickchapa

Guy above at 1000... Different peoples phone will opperate at different speeds and looks like you got bent over if you cant go faster than stick with the overclock app. I can get to 1406 with quickclockoverclocker setting them automatically.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cananot

Reaction score
Im using jrummy overclock. So you are talking about scaling cause I have that option to set it to 1400 but I haven't messed with that I will try it and see what happens

oakvad

Reaction score
Just want to remind you guys, don't set it to apply at boot till you know what a certain clock speed will do to your phone and make a backup before you start playing.
Like nickchapa said every phone is different, mine will only go up to 1150

cananot

Reaction score
Backup? Why would I need to do that if it freezes my phone or something can't i just open the program and set it at a lower speed? Since I already set it and rebooted it its to late to make a backup :icon_eek:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the backup too much but don't set it on boot as stated. That way if you run in to problems you can just pull the battery and be all better.

tappin and a talkin

oakvad

Reaction score
Backup? Why would I need to do that if it freezes my phone or something can't i just open the program and set it at a lower speed? Since I already set it and rebooted it its to late to make a backup :icon_eek:

Well, no not if your phone is froze.
I guess I just always play it safe and do a backup before I start messing with any major settings. Heck of alot simpler than having to sbf.

cananot

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the tip, so im running it at 1300 and not really noticing a speed difference or a drain on the battery. Question is what exactly is gonna speed up the programs? Cause I have noticed there open quicker but I did notice that when im in root explorer the loading circle spins longer than it did also if im surfing the net and texting my texts are taking a little bit longer to send so should I kick the voltage up from very low to maybe say medium voltage? Any thoughts?

oakvad

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the tip, so im running it at 1300 and not really noticing a speed difference or a drain on the battery. Question is what exactly is gonna speed up the programs? Cause I have noticed there open quicker but I did notice that when im in root explorer the loading circle spins longer than it did also if im surfing the net and texting my texts are taking a little bit longer to send so should I kick the voltage up from very low to maybe say medium voltage? Any thoughts?

I would say if your on ultra low and not getting a bootloop but also lagging a little maybe try low voltage or go down in frequency and stay on ultra low volt. there are so many dif. Combo's to try

cananot

Reaction score
Yes your right I kicked it up and did a custom change and Wow! Assassin creed game is blazing! But gonna have to lower it cause getting lock ups. So im gonna stay with low frequency it seems to move flawless at that setting. Does anybody know how much I can change the custom frequency numbers to without causing problems I know everyones phone is different but maybe a happy medium setting cause my phone is getting really warm to a point where the back is hot

oakvad

Reaction score
Yes your right I kicked it up and did a custom change and Wow! Assassin creed game is blazing! But gonna have to lower it cause getting lock ups. So im gonna stay with low frequency it seems to move flawless at that setting. Does anybody know how much I can change the custom frequency numbers to without causing problems I know everyones phone is different but maybe a happy medium setting cause my phone is getting really warm to a point where the back is hot

What are you running right now? If your at 1300 mhz low v try 1250 low. As far as changing your volts, up the vsel by 2 and max freq by 2 if you want to try that. Be carefull and don't go to high though.
If your not comfortable messing with that then just test all the preloaded kernals at diff volt settings.... ultra low, low, medium, and high. Medium is stock volt I believe