DROID X Overclock Help

cananot

Reaction score
Right now im running 1400 at high frequency and its pretty fast but its locking up and have to reboot it but I will try what you said, I did try the auto frequencys but didn't see much of a change until I started to mess around with the custom settings. Ok when I find a setting I like that's when I check the box for bootup right?

oakvad

Reaction score
Right now im running 1400 at high frequency and its pretty fast but its locking up and have to reboot it but I will try what you said, I did try the auto frequencys but didn't see much of a change until I started to mess around with the custom settings. Ok when I find a setting I like that's when I check the box for bootup right?

ya and I would use it for a full day or more. Make surevnothing lags and no force closes or random reboots.
Also the higher voltage you use the faster your battery will drain, ie. 1400 high will drain your batt alot faster than 1400 ultra low. Same goes for all frequency's.
So you kinda gotta decide what you want, a smokin fast phone that lasts 6 hrs or one that's a little faster than stock but will last all day.

cananot

Reaction score
Well I think I have the right setting I'm gonna try it for a day see what happens.. Just want to thank Oakvad and Spaz33g and everyone else who helped me out ,Many thanks..

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
How much faster is overclocking really Ive been overclocked up to 1.4 and didnt see a real big difference and Ive been on every rom at one time or another I have multiple phones I think it more depends on the roms and the data speed than anything else. Just my opinion

cananot

Reaction score
The only speed or not speed maybe more like quickness I seen is on certain programs and games like when I hit gallery and it pops right up without the loading circle then choose a movie and it goes right into it which it never did before but like you said it might have to do with the ROMs I'm new to all this but I have seen a difference going between the stock settings and the custom settings I think it just keeps the CPU at full throttle but if you play games on your X then try going thru the settings and you will see a difference

wooddale

Reaction score
The only speed or not speed maybe more like quickness I seen is on certain programs and games like when I hit gallery and it pops right up without the loading circle then choose a movie and it goes right into it which it never did before but like you said it might have to do with the ROMs I'm new to all this but I have seen a difference going between the stock settings and the custom settings I think it just keeps the CPU at full throttle but if you play games on your X then try going thru the settings and you will see a difference

No I dont play gsmes I do go on the internet alot I do notice some difference there I kinda thought it would make a bigger difference on games I am gonna try medsing around a bit more I think I may jave been looking for more than it was have you tried the apex rom since fab re did it pretty fast and stable Im only overclocked at 1.25 rumning pretty fadt and stable good battery life

cananot

Reaction score
No I haven't but I will check it out . I have only installed two ROMS first was Liberty 1.5 which totally kicks a## but had nothing but problems and I have posted here asking for help and some are trying to help me but it seems everytime I try it I get the same problems something to do with Blur and Blurless I'm still trying find out what that is and what it does.And now on Darkside 4.2 which is ok but I don't like the Icons and want better themes but I must admit the hotspot 3g hack works great sooo worth the ROM and it is very stable now you have told me about apex I will check into that and see how that looks and performs.Trying to find something that fits me. Thanks for the tip on Apex since you said it has pretty good battery life thats always a plus.

oakvad

Reaction score
Your welcome cananot. And ya as far as speed goes your probably expexting alot more than you actually get. I noticed a difference on mine at just 1150, not huge but deff faster and alot smoother on everything.
I rooted and overclocked my daughters boyfriends X to 1300 and its just a tad bit faster than mine, not much though

cananot

Reaction score
Wow your good at hacking then. Yes I agree I think everyone is expecting way to much from overclocking which I didn't know what I was gonna get by it but I dis notice a difference as I played with the settings and it runs smooth so it was worth the install.now im gonna change my rom I still want Liberty that is a really nice rom. But I have notice my Battery is not lasting but who cares that's why I have a car charger! ; )

oakvad

Reaction score
Wow your good at hacking then. Yes I agree I think everyone is expecting way to much from overclocking which I didn't know what I was gonna get by it but I dis notice a difference as I played with the settings and it runs smooth so it was worth the install.now im gonna change my rom I still want Liberty that is a really nice rom. But I have notice my Battery is not lasting but who cares that's why I have a car charger! ; )

Oh I wouldn't say good, just persistent. I read on this and a few other forums for any info I needed and just did it. I didn't post on any of them till just recently to help with what little I do know.
I have to date rooted about 20+ og droids, 6 droid 2, 1droid global, and 4 droid x's, and gonna do a couple incredible this weekend.
Just did a ton of reading, and for some reason this stuff makes sense to me

As far as roms go I believe every phone acts differently with every rom, just like overclocking

wooddale

Reaction score

Oh I wouldn't say good, just persistent. I read on this and a few other forums for any info I needed and just did it. I didn't post on any of them till just recently to help with what little I do know.
I have to date rooted about 20+ og droids, 6 droid 2, 1droid global, and 4 droid x's, and gonna do a couple incredible this weekend.
Just did a ton of reading, and for some reason this stuff makes sense to me

As far as roms go I believe every phone acts differently with every rom, just like overclocking
Think you hit the nail on the head ebery phone acts different witj evety rom. Sometimes faster is not better. A phone is only gonna go so fast

cananot

Reaction score
Really ? I have a friend who has the Droid Pro and he wants me to root it and rom it but I told him I dont know if I can all I have been reading about was Droid2 and the X I wouldnt know where to start? Can I use the same programs I used for the X?

oakvad

Reaction score
Really ? I have a friend who has the Droid Pro and he wants me to root it and rom it but I told him I dont know if I can all I have been reading about was Droid2 and the X I wouldnt know where to start? Can I use the same programs I used for the X?

Not sure about the pro, never looked into it. Find the pro section in this forum and start reading and ask those guys.
This forum is, in my opinion, the best android info I've Found. These guys and gals are very smart I personaly think the phone manufacturers could learn a thing or 2 from this site

cananot

Reaction score
Ya you are right these people are smart but they have the experience and it's cool that there helping Droid brickers like my self . But I do like Droid life .com they are also very helpful thats where I learned how to root and rom then I found this place by a link someones post but I really do like this forum finding my self here everyday now reading threads heck' even downloaded tapatalk but just found out this site has a free program..lt figures.I will look for the pro threads and take a wake at it