Droid X Lag and FC regardless of Rom

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
My wife is using my old Droid X and started complaining about lag on the phone. At the time it was on Liberty Froyo. I decided to just put gingerbread on it so I did the sbf and 2 part GB install. With the phone running stock rooted it felt OK, but still had quite a bit of lag and many force closes. I tried fix permissions, different launchers, etc, but the problem is still there. It thought maybe a nice Rom would smooth things out. I wiped everything and put Liberty 0.8 on. Still getting lag and force closes on several programs. The biggest problem seems to be Launcher Pro, but still does it uninstalled. I then decided to try Apex. I have the same problem is on this Rom as well. Does anyone know of anything at all that could cause this? Not really sure if it software or hardware. I want to blame it on Facebook, but god forbid I take that off. Any help would be appreciated. If I don't get this ironed out I'm going to have a shiny new apple product in my house. The horror.
Thanks

leftspin

Reaction score
I would try a factory reset and then just stock GB
when I first got my X it was really laggy on Froyo and when I updated to GB it got worse until I hard reset it
also, if she really wants a ROM give Liquid Gingerbread a try. It's fast, stable, and very customizable (based on CM7)

Liquid Smooth Roms

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I'll give it a try. I think if I reset her phone one more time she's gonna kill me though. :) I can't understand why wiping data, cache and delvac wouldn't accomplish the same thing. Thanks for the help.

leftspin

Reaction score
I don't understand why it wouldn't either, but I also don't know what else to do other than take it to Verizon or get a new phone unfortunately, and it might work

good luck!:)

OP
demonhawk1313

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Think I'm going to install the new leak and see how it goes. May be a few days, but I'll let you know what happens. If its still that way then stock and warranty it is. Maybe I'll get to use the wirefly warranty after all.

leftspin

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes for you, and good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums