droid x is slow

big.daddy

Reaction score
I have a question as to why the droid x is slow or lags. I recently had an incredible and it rarely ever lagged. I had to replace it due to multiple blown speakers. my droid x will lag once i unlock the screen and try to scroll thru homescreens. I never had this problem with the incredible and as far as i know they have the same specs. Is there a difference in the processor or something? I would assume that because the DX is not running Sense UI, it would be faster. Is that a bad assumption? I am rooted and running ApeX 1.3 (i think) and am using ADW launcher ex. If there are any speed tweaks out there, I would love to know them. Thanks in advanced.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you try running the screen redraw fix through terminal emulator?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Im not terribly familiar with that ROM. But I would go with Launcher Pro instead of ADW. I have never had luck with ADW. Launcher Pro is much quicker....

MrKleen

Reaction score
Adw is much faster than launcher pro. Go into adw settings and adjust the screen speed to the fastest. It will then be as fast as your Incredible!

If you need more help let me know.

musicman

Reaction score
This must be different for each person because I found Launcher Pro to be faster.

MrKleen

Reaction score
This must be different for each person because I found Launcher Pro to be faster.

Did you change the stock adw and adjust the screen scrolling to 0?

Give it another try and make the changes and you will be amazed at how much faster it is!

MrKleen

Reaction score
How do I change the stock adw??

Depending on you version (I have the new EX version) but they should all be similar.

Click your menu button, click ADW settings, general behavior, animation and effects, then desktop scrolling speed. Swipe it to 0, (0 is fastest).

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LP has always always been better and faster for me, it handles more widgets better and if you get the plus version which is just a donation of maybe 2 or three dollars you will get all of the sense widgets included which you can resize. Check it out.

MrKleen

Reaction score
LP has always always been better and faster for me, it handles more widgets better and if you get the plus version which is just a donation of maybe 2 or three dollars you will get all of the sense widgets included which you can resize. Check it out.

I also own the launcherpro paid version and its a fine launcher. It just comes down to personal preference. I bounce around depending on mood. At the moment I am prefering the faster speed of ADW. Plus most Roms come with a version, but you always need to adjust the speed.

They both have options to adjust their speeds along with many other options. While launcherpro has widgets none of them are of any use to me.

Everyone should try both out and make the adjustments and pick the one you prefer.