Droid x running slow

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Its driving me crazy how my phone lags and runs slow will be texting or email and it will lag up or slow down how can I fix this problem

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I wonder what apps you are running:

Run an alternative launcher. My favorite is GO Launcher EX.

Scrutinize any apps you've installed including widgets and live wallpapers. Maybe list your apps here for people to take a look.

Using an automatic task killer is often a bad idea. Don't use one. But rules are made to be broken. Check out this comment: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/458810#458810 which solves some Droid X freezing issues but amounts to running a task killer set on "mild".

Clear your system cache partition. Maybe even clear it a few times in a row! (This is done by rebooting while pressing down the home key, accessing the hidden menu, etc.)

Finally, if nothing seems to be working then I'd do a factory reset. This will reset your phone completely so be sure to back up your files. After reset I would immediately install a different launcher and slowly add back apps looking for any problems. At some point I might decide to install the "Auto Memory Manager" app mentioned in the link above, especially if I don't have any odd apps, widgets, live wallpapers and the phone is still freezing up.

Hopefully Motorola will get their act together and put out a solid Gingerbread version for the X. There's always hope. Just got the Droid 3 update and the phone is doing amazingly well.

Last edited:

JScharf92

Reaction score
I always find that deleting apps that i dont use anymore as well as deleting things from my sd card that i dont need anymore always helps. may just be me. give it a try

en28so

Reaction score
Its driving me crazy how my phone lags and runs slow will be texting or email and it will lag up or slow down how can I fix this problem
Rebooting my phone once a day before going to work, and using an app that clears my cache once a week automatically keeps my X running nicely.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

librado

Reaction score
I tried holding down the home key and nothing happen are you sure that's the right key?

librado

Reaction score
I was trying the rebooting and holding the home button didn't give me the hidden screen

NoBloatware

Reaction score
You can google "clear system cache droid x" for detailed instructions but you need to hold down the home and power buttons. When the Moto logo appears I believe that you can let go of the power button.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have the phone turned off. Then hold the home and power button until you see an Android. Then press the two volume buttons and the recovery menu will pop up. Use the volume buttons to go to format cache and select it with the power button. Then reboot.

Boot Manager

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You can look for a task monitor app and see if you can pin point any apps that are taking up too much resources.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Just don't use a task killer.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Just don't use a task killer.

Task killers can be very useful, just not when set to auto kill. What I would suggest is downloading Watchdog. It's an app that monitors your CPU and alerts you when an app is using to much of the CPU. That is what can cause the phone to run slowly, not the ram so much, which is what most task killers only deal with.

I also just suggest using the built in task killer if you just need to monitor and kill. You really don't need anything more, I really like the stock one! :)

Download watchdog (can be lite, that's all I use) that should really help you if that is the problem!

Heywood

Reaction score
I don't get it. I use a task killer and have since day one. I have a slew of apps on auto kill (does a kill two minutes after display timeout) and have never had an issue.