droid X keeps turning on

Mayhem6669

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me.....until a week ago my phone has been fine but now when i shut my phone off,after about 5 minutes it turns back on! Everything works fine except that one thing. Has anyone else had this issue and knows a fix so i can shut it off without it turning back on. Ive tried removing the battery but it still does the same thing!

theuned

Reaction score
Have you tried removing battery and SD Card? If that fails try s hard reset - pull battery off while phone is on.

Or think of applications you have installed lately. Maybe uninstall them and try again turning it off.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

Mayhem6669

Reaction score
I havent installed anything new lately,but ill look through everything and give your advice a shot! Thanks!

theuned

Reaction score
Any luck?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

Mayhem6669

Reaction score
Just tried the hard restart(pulling the battery out with the phone on) and so far so good! Ill update if something happens! Thanks again!

OP
M

Mayhem6669

Reaction score
Unfortunately the damn thing just turned back on after shutting it off again! Any other thoughts?

OP
M

Mayhem6669

Reaction score
I tried deleting some screen savers i didnt use that were always getting updated and so far so good!

designo614

Reaction score
I understand this is a known issue, not addressed yet. A co-worker's X started doing this same thing, but only after the latest update (whichever one it was that was available about 2 weeks ago); since then updated again as another became available but no fix within it. Curiously, my own X, on the same updates does not do this but I have read about many who have this issue. Many people say that turning it off twice in succession will keep it off, that is, turn it off and do it again as soon as it turns itself back on, and it may stay off that way.

OP
M

Mayhem6669

Reaction score
So far i found one app that couldnt be updated at all,which was the superpages app! Since i uninstalled that app so far i turn it off and it stays off.....i keep you updated!

cubuff

Reaction score
I've seen this with the gingerbread update on the d2g, dx, and dx2. Interesting but at least its not something major!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

runtobfit

Reaction score
Have a droidx, problem of not shutting off (turns itself back on, almost looks like a reboot) when received the last software update. annoying, have to turn the phone off the 2nd time and it stays off. Not seen any official recognition of the problem from droid experts? resetting battery not a fix...clearly software issue as started when new version was uploaded a couple weeks ago. help.

chuckrts

Reaction score
Have same repower issue, have pulled battery several times, no fix. Now have to pull battery when I get on plane as I can't be sure phone will stay off. Big pain as I have protective case for phone. Yes it started 2 weeks ago with last update, also reboots randomly now.

PGIV

Reaction score
Same problem here. Stays off after the second time I turn it off. It all started after the last Verizon update. A friend of mine has the same Droid X and his doesn't have this problem after taking the Verizon update. Interestingly, if I shut it off while it is charging and leave it on the charger, it doesn't restart. Anyone (including Verizon) have a fix yet?