Droid X Won't Turn On

Sinbad27

Reaction score
This past Sunday I was trying to update my apps on the market and my phone wouldn't connect for some reason so I decided to turn on my droid x off. Usually whenever im having problems restarting seems to fix it. So i shut it off and then a few minutes later tried to turn it on and it wouldnt. Nothing shows up on the screen, it just stays black. I've already tried taking the battery and SD card out, and i've already tried a hard reset. Nothing. Sometimes when i try to turn it on a little whitish light flashes at the top of the phone but thats it. And when I plug it into the charger, the green light flashes but then nothing happens. The battery was around 80-90% when i turned it off so I know it's not dead or anything. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it I would appreciate it.

OP
S

Sinbad27

Reaction score
I'm assuming I'll just have to return it at this point?

OP
S

Sinbad27

Reaction score
Sorry for posting three times in a row but I could really use some help with this. I just plugged it into my computer for the first time since it broke and the green light stays on, not sure if that means anything

OP
S

Sinbad27

Reaction score
im not sure, how do you do both of those?

OP
S

Sinbad27

Reaction score
ok now i just plugged it into the wall again, and it says 0% for battery and then just turned off. This doesnt make any sense. It was fully charged when it stopped working. effing technology

leftspin

Reaction score
OP
S

Sinbad27

Reaction score
thank you for those links. I just tried to turn it on and it actually worked for about 10 seconds. It said the battery was at 10% so im just going to let it sit on the charger for a few hours and then give it a try. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my battery. Also I have another question, I have that replacement program through Verizon where if there are any problems with it I can get a free replacement. Since the Droid X is outdated do you think there is a chance they would send me an X2 or some other newer phone instead of another X?

leftspin

Reaction score
thank you for those links. I just tried to turn it on and it actually worked for about 10 seconds. It said the battery was at 10% so im just going to let it sit on the charger for a few hours and then give it a try. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my battery. Also I have another question, I have that replacement program through Verizon where if there are any problems with it I can get a free replacement. Since the Droid X is outdated do you think there is a chance they would send me an X2 or some other newer phone instead of another X?

Having it rooted might have voided that replacement agreement but maybe not. I think they would give you a refurbished X or X2, it probably all depends on the specific store you go to, what they have in stock, stuff like that. Either way, good luck