LG Vortex, help meee

brittneymaverick

Reaction score
so for the second time, my vortex has just completely shut off. no "power off" warning or anything. both times while i was using it while it was charging. after it shuts off, the search button on the bottom right hand corning begins to flash. nothing i do will seem to turn my phone back on. i took out the battery and everything. so i just left it plugged up. a few minutes later it turns back on and it works fine. just wondering what the problem could be and how i can stop it from happening again.

GDP

Reaction score
Are you using the original charger that came with the phone?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using DroidForums

OP
B

brittneymaverick

Reaction score
actually something happened to my charger, not sure what. i think someone sat on it or something. the charger was bent and i had to get a new one. the charger i have now works just fine but it's bugged out on me a couple times. now my phone is up and running no problems. i dunno, both times it's happened after i plug my phone up when it has barely no charge left.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Get an OEM LG charger. They cost a bit more, of course, but it should stop the twitching. It used to be LG phones would pop up a warning if you used a non-OEM charger.

Gwalt

Reaction score
same

that just happened to my phone im leaving it on the charger to see if it works like it did for you but its literally the same situation as you

Gwalt

Reaction score
its back on

i left it on the charger and it turned back on so thanks for the advice but i guess you just cant let the battery get that low lol

Silent3venge

Reaction score
I am very good at bricking my phones. I had cm9 installed on my vortex and then tried reallized that somehow I flashed the wrong rom and it forgot how to charge the battery. Anyone having this problem can resolve it with the following steps.

1. remove the battery from your Vortex.
2. Plug it into a charger.
3. hold volume up and back
4. insert battery.

Your phone is now in download mode.

Follow these steps to unbrick your phone and remind it how to charge....

Fixing LG vortex bootloops - xda-developers