Droid X Issues, Want fixed ASAP

pyrovash

Reaction score
About a week ago I had issues with my phone not booting up past the M, so I did factory resets along with SBF flashes. Finally got the phone working with the .621 flash and haven't had any issues besides my menu/back/volume down keys not working. Got out of class where I had been listening to music the entire time and I didn't have any reception and my music wasn't playing so I decided to pull the battery and restart. Well I haven't been able to get my phone to boot up past the M. I can get into Bootloader 30.04 and android with the ! using volume both+search or something (oddly) but cannot get the menu to pop up. I attempted another flash but it didn't seem to work. I need ideas and fast please. I had also tried a Linux Boot cd or w/e.

OP
P

pyrovash

Reaction score
after you get to the ! press both volume buttons at the same time.

I've tried it. I got my phone to boot with a fun little combination at the M called "volume + search" and it loads up... so I'm thinking my actual hardware got damage ...

MonKENy

Reaction score
Have you tried just the home button and the power button? Hold home then press and hold power. When that boots let go of home that should give you the ! then press in both volume buttons at the same time as if they were one.

OP
P

pyrovash

Reaction score
Have you tried just the home button and the power button? Hold home then press and hold power. When that boots let go of home that should give you the ! then press in both volume buttons at the same time as if they were one.

Yes I have.

leftspin

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the hardware is damaged, I've seen this issue several times with the DX and you have all the telltale signs (hardware buttons not working, not booting, weird button combos making it boot).

OP
P

pyrovash

Reaction score
The last time you flashed what SBF file did you use? pull one from here https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/ make sure the md5 checks good and try another flash
DroidX SBF Android 2.3.4 System Version 4.5.621 (1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.zip) is what I had to use to make it work, since my phone updated previously when I SBF'd and got it to boot so .621 is the only one that would work. My plan is to hopefully last a month or so till I can get enough money to buy another Droid phone off amazon or something at this point...