Droid X Bootloader Issue

Xeroskill

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to use the bootloader for my droid x, and im running into some issues. I was using it earlier, and now i can't get it to come back up correctly.

I boot into it by pressing the volume keys, the camera button, and power button. Now what i am after is the menu that comes up after this step. I get the white text stating:

Bootloader 30.04
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I was told that I had to hold the search key then press the power button to get to the screen where I can use files from my sd card. This used to work, but I cannot get the menu to pop up again.

Could it be I'm pressing it wrong? I have tried to press it quickly, holding it down, everything. not sure what to do, but my phone is bricked unless i can get this menu back up.

what should I do?

I have also tried to hold the home button while booting the phone to bring up that menu, but it seems to just turn off the phone now, instead of bringing up the green alien.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK what are you trying to do? The bootloader is where you run a sbf, i dont think that's what you want. Stock recovery is the screen with the triangle with the!. This is where you hold power and home and the search key to choose a factory reset or wipe cache. Clockwork mod recovery is the screen with the green text. It's from here that you can backup and restore, wipe data and install zips from your sd. So, what exactly are you trying to do?
If you want to flash a file from the sd, you do this in clockwork mod recovery

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

Rezael

Reaction score
Your not bricked. Don't freak out. You can sbf if you get to that bootloader screen. But to get into clockwork recovery by turning on your phone whilst pressing power volume down and camera all at the same time and holding them. If you need help please describe what you we're doing prior to the booting issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you. We are all happy to help you, but you need to describe exactly what the issue is and what you're trying to do, clearly

OP
X

Xeroskill

Reaction score
Clockwork recovery is what I am after. (the menu where i can load backups/create backups, green text on black background)

I have tried to boot into it, but i cannot get it to go.

Prior to this I was on my way to updating the version of my android to Gingerbread 4.5.596 but I ran into an error during the update. I thought I could just restore a backup of my operating system and start over (re-download the files in case 1 got corrupted). I loaded the backup, succesfully (at-least that is what it told me) but it fails to boot.

So i am trying to get back into clockwork recovery to fix my issue

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you tried to load a froyo backup after updating to gb, you may need to sbf
Try (while the phone is ON, plug it in and then pull the battery. It should stay on.) then, unplug and put the battery back in and reboot. It should take you into cw. If not, it's sbf time

OP
X

Xeroskill

Reaction score
It did not work, i guess i will have to sbf.

Thanks for the help.

wyld

Reaction score
Does it seem like they tried to install. 596 the wrong way! Don't some of the rooted files require you to be on a leaked version already and the 2 part files can be done from Froyo? They may have gotten it backwards not following the right path?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums