Droid X Bootloader Issue

griznuts

Reaction score
I attempted to install a ROM on my phone yesterday and something went very wrong. The short of the situation is, I have one bit of good news, the phone boots into the image. I am unable to use any of the buttons though and cannot do anything at all.

I did some extensive reading and came to the conclusion that I had to download three things right of the bat; Motorola drivers, .SBF file, and RSD_Lite 4.9. I started by booting into the bootloader.

I did this two different ways and had two different outcomes. Firstly, I attempted to boot into the bootloader with my phone connected to my desktop and it just boots into the image, no bootloader (when holding the appropriate keys). The alternate outcome is when the phone is connected to nothing, the bootloader comes up, but when I remove my finger from the power button, the display turns off.

All I am trying to accomplish here is restoring my phone to the factory settings. I anticipate the set of instructions that I have will work, but this darn phone will not boot into the bootloader so I can flash it.

Any help would be highly appreciated. This is my first experience with installing a ROM, and am not enjoying this. Thank you.