Droid X Infinite reboot loop T_T

WACOMalt

Reaction score
Got my droid X (posted here a few days ago)

After installing MoreLocales 2 to get more languages for the interface, the droidx froze. Now it is stuck in an infinite red eye - vibrate - red eye - vibrate loop when I try to turn it on... help!!!

I tried booting into safe mode by pressing power with menu held for awhile, that didn't do a thing. I booted into the bootloader with power, volume down, and camera for 5 seconds, but there are no recovery options there, though it does allow it to be connected to my computer as Motorola Flash or something, I assume to reload the factory rom. Does anyone know where I can find the factory Rom?

Obviously everyone has told me to reset to factory defaults, but how can I do that with no access to the menus?

ryan1432

Reaction score
hold the power button and the home button till you see a ! inside of a triangle and the Droid robot.

release both buttons and press the search button ( last one on the right)

use your volume down button untill you highlight "wipe data/factory reset

click on your menu button ( first on on your left)
then go down to "Yes -- delete all user data"

phone will wipe ( normally takes 2 minutes )

phone will reboot

and your good to go..

dont forget once you do this and your phone is back up and working before you do anything call *228 and press option 2 to update your phones network coverage.

please let me know if this was any help.

OP
W

WACOMalt

Reaction score
I wound up getting this myself after a bunch of random guesses. thanks so much though!

bowlingotter

Reaction score
Thank god for this post. I just had to do the same with my phone after less than 48 hours of owning it. I REALLY hope this is not a consistent issue.

kronn

Reaction score
is there a way to fix this without wiping all data from the device?

bowlingotter

Reaction score
is there a way to fix this without wiping all data from the device?

Not that I could find. I was lucky it only happened on Day Two, so I didn't have much to recover at all. If it happened today, I'd be much more upset.