Droid X hotspot keeps disconnecting.

Olivia

Reaction score
I just signed up the othder day for Verizons mobile hotspot on my Droid X. Since then after about 5 minutes or so it disconnects. I did a google search on this problem and everyone is complaining about it, plus they are saying Verizon is doing nothing about it.

I call up Verizon and speak to their tech support. They guy kept telling me all different things to try. I finally told him that its all over the internet about this problem with no solution. He finally checked into the complaints and agreed.

The tech guy said its a known issue and they have no solution right now. He said the problems started with 2.2 upgrade and that Motorola is aware of it. He basically said all I can do is wait for another update.

I told him to cancel my hotspot service then. How can they knowingly alow you to call them and sign up for this service without warning you that it probably won't work?

I'm sure this issue has been posted in here somewhere but I could not find it, so I thought I would just post my experience on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
root the phone and use wireless tether, or install pdanet and use bluetooth.

barski

Reaction score
I agree with xeene. root it, (in i*hone language that's jailbreaking). Then install wireless tether. p.s. its free

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Let me know how that works out for you, the problem is with Android 2.2, not the app.

I have the same problem with Barnacle, Wireless Tether for Root Users, and Verizon's 3G Mobile Hotspot.

Of course if rooting somehow fixes the problem for you, more power to ya.