Droid X freezing while trying to use apps?

killtec

Reaction score
So I have had my Droid X for about 2-3 months now. Just recently it has started to freeze/ "lag out" when using some apps or switching from screen to screen. I ran one of those free virus scanners and nothing turned up, any ideas on what to do to make it stop doing this?

D

dankarlinski

are you using live wallpaper? or any alternate homescreen launcher? (adw, launcher pro, etc?)

OP
K

killtec

Reaction score
are you using live wallpaper? or any alternate homescreen launcher? (adw, launcher pro, etc?)

Nope, I have a picture I downloaded from the web, same one I have had sense day 1. And no alternate home screen launcher. :(

It dosent stop me from using any of the features on the phone, its just teribly annoying, and it burns through my battery when it freezes and wont turn off for several minutes...

A friend recomended using a "task killer" any thoughts?

MelissaSue21

Reaction score
Do you have a lot of applications downloaded? I have the X and I noticed that when I downloaded a bunch of applications it slowed my phone down. So I deleted most of the ones I don't use and then downloaded an app killer application. My phones memory and speed has increased since doing this.

OP
K

killtec

Reaction score
Do you have a lot of applications downloaded? I have the X and I noticed that when I downloaded a bunch of applications it slowed my phone down. So I deleted most of the ones I don't use and then downloaded an app killer application. My phones memory and speed has increased since doing this.

I have maybe 10-11 apps I've downloaded. I also try to un install the apps I dont use often, to keep things from getting too cluttered.
So you use the app killer? Is it worth downloading? I've heard conflicting reports about it being effective or not.