Droid keeps freezing

on4now4

Reaction score
My droid keeps freezing, there isn't really any other way to describe it. It just keeps freezing and crashing and just in general running slow and like crap. Iv scanned it for viruses and nothing, iv pulled the battery and waited a whyle. Still nothing, anybody have the same issue or any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pc.huff

Reaction score
I have the same problem. After a while the phone completely slows down, certain apps which are normally responsive are jittery and slow. If I catch it in time I can use Advanced Task Killer to recover memory etc. However, sometimes it gets to a point where it just freezes.

The black screen only occurs when the phone is in standby and is frozen so it can't come out. Seems like a massive memory leak problem or a core OS issue.

I'll respost if I figure it out.

OP
O

on4now4

Reaction score
i cleared the cache and data for launcher pro and deleted a bunch of apps i don't use anymore. and it seems to be fixed. but i don't know if its related. sucks that i have to redo my whole home screen...

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Stay away from Task Killers. They actually cause a lot of the laggy feelings and battery drain issues. The way the Android OS is made there is no need for Task Killers.

By any chance is your Droid rooted?? You could have an issue there that is causing the freezes. If you are not rooted I would suspect that you have an app that is not playing nice with the rest of your system. Have you downloaded any new apps recently? If so delete them and see if you issue resolves. Otherwise you may have to do a factory reset to clean the phone up and start new.