Droid X emoticons?

mamma_buddha

Reaction score
Yeah, not only that, but I don't see any way to forward a text to another phone, and...

I had to download an app in order to save a picture that was sent in a text.

To have to download an app for that is too strange for me. I hated the BB Storm, but at least you were able to do those and it had emoticons. I don't have them either.
Long hold on the pic you want to save. It will bring up a list where you can chose save.
Same with forwarding text. Long hold on the text and it will bring up a list, chose forward.

jloya

Reaction score
when im texting (using handcent) when looking at the keyboard press the lower left hand button (the one with 4 squares) and the smilies should be brought up

GThree

Reaction score
2.2 pretty much fixes all your problems. the ota is soon. I'm running 2.2 and it fixes ur complaints...as far as the you can't save pictures...i have no idea why you can't, and the forward issue, I don't have as well.

FOTO3077

Reaction score
Thanks jakeescandon

I didn't know that about the smiley face.. Thanks

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The android smiley's are in the 2.2 update so you will have them back on your X then...

Technoman

Reaction score
The issue with the missing smileys in the default text APP is because of Moto Blur from what I can determine. Remember this is not stock Android OS like the Droid 1 was.

If 2.2 does really fix something with this, perhaps they are doing something different in the text APP. Do remember though, that 2.2 OTA may not be the same as the leaked version.

OP
A

Abacab

Reaction score
:icon_frown:

Well, they got it half right with 2.2 The emoticons are back in the selection screen but do not appear in the text messages themselves. Where is the face palm emoticon?

Technoman

Reaction score
:icon_frown:

Well, they got it half right with 2.2 The emoticons are back in the selection screen but do not appear in the text messages themselves. Where is the face palm emoticon?

They do appear on the receiver end.

cyberdol

Reaction score
Where are the emoticons? My BB Storm had them in plain sight. How or what app can I get to have them. Sms is boring without them. Can someone tell me if I am miss seeing where they are located. New Droid X user.

chefb

Reaction score
There is a free emoticon app too be downloaded but its a pop up ad
....they look cool does anyone know about these?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I don't have an X, but the little green guys moved on D1. This is where they are on D1.
In the stock text app, Menu>Insert Smiley or sometimes Menu>More>Insert Smiley

lilsnot23

Reaction score
frustrated!

I just re-updated my phone installed the download and everything... still no faces.... even if I click on settings... unable to get this fixed when I click on the smiley short cut it shows up but when I click them and send them nothing! My droid friends can, but they don't have droid x... please someone?!