Droid X "Eagle Eye" commercial unveiled, plugs Blockbuster

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
30w9kxh.jpg

If it's one thing that the folks at Verizon Wireless are known for, it would be marketing. The other day, Verizon revealed the "arrival" of the Droid X in stunning fashion. And the superb Droid campaign continues, as today Verizon's official YouTube page unveiled the latest Droid X commercial, called "Eagle Eye." Also, included in the commercial is a shameless plug for its exclusive Blockbuster app. Check it out and let us know what you think!

[video=youtube;MythJLg8IGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MythJLg8IGU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Verizon Droid X Eagle Eye[/video]

via Droid-Life

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Typical Droid user.

Slackin' off and watching movies when there's work that needs to be done.

*** Dusty says, as he posts his reply and goes back to watching Kung-Fu Hustle ***

liam.

Reaction score
GOD DAMMIT!!!! I want this phone so bad! But I paid full retail for my droid and cant do it again for the X

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
If someone creates a bootanimation from when his eye transformed, I'll love them forever.

nerdkill

Reaction score
ughhh.. more pre-loaded b.s. how about a netflix version. haven't had blockbuster in a while, but i remember you had to pay for on demand stuff unlike netflix

senordeuce

Reaction score
Just saw this commercial on tv last night. Yes the visual effects in the commercial are typically cool like most commercials from big red. It makes me really sad that they think bloatware from a dying company is going to sell the phone. Netflix, maybe. Even showing someone watching flash videos would set the phone apart. But bloatware is bloatware and no one uses blockbuster anymore. Sad.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
But bloatware is bloatware and no one uses blockbuster anymore. Sad.

I wouldn't say 'no one'. They still report over 50,000,000 customers. But paying $3 or $4 per movie? Hell no! Although, even Netflix streaming wouldn't be so great once big red gets the tiered data plans in full effect.

Either way, it'd cost more than it's worth.

huskur

Reaction score
30w9kxh.jpg

If it's one thing that the folks at Verizon Wireless are known for, it would be marketing. The other day, Verizon revealed the "arrival" of the Droid X in stunning fashion. And the superb Droid campaign continues, as today Verizon's official YouTube page unveiled the latest Droid X commercial, called "Eagle Eye." Also, included in the commercial is a shameless plug for its exclusive Blockbuster app. Check it out and let us know what you think!

via Droid-Life

Weird...... our local Blockbuster has gone under and become a VZW store!!:icon_ banana:dancedroid