Droid X default Music player = CRAP

Dark Overlord

Reaction score
I've had my droid for a little over a month.

I frequently find myself wishing for my LG Dare back again.

The default music player on this thing is garbage, it doesn't even begin to compare to my old Dare. Not sure which is my biggest complaint with it.....

The fact that I have to pull the battery from my phone to restart it every single time I try to play music, or the fact that there is not an 'EXIT' option to be able to just terminate the program running on the rare occasion where it does work.

Not sure whether to love or hate this phone yet. Especially since my first X only lasted 4 hours before it had to be replaced.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
First off, :welcome: to the forum. :)

Okay, I have a couple of questions. First off, why do you need to pull the battery to restart it when you try to play music? Secondly, you don't need to "exit" the app, you pause the music and back out or hit the home key. Finally, what happened that your first phone only lasted 4 hours? :)

harrellj

Reaction score
There's also several replacement music playing apps as well, if you really truly can't stand the stock one (mixzing and winamp are 2 that come to mind instantly).

OP
D

Dark Overlord

Reaction score
Okay, I have a couple of questions. First off, why do you need to pull the battery to restart it when you try to play music? Secondly, you don't need to "exit" the app, you pause the music and back out or hit the home key. Finally, what happened that your first phone only lasted 4 hours? :)

I have to pull the battery because it hard locks the phone. None of the buttons respond to touch, nor does the screen. Also, the on off button doesn't respond.

So, last resort, pull battery to reset.

My first Droid just went black after 4 hours and didn't respond to anything. I took it back to the store, where they scoffed at me claiming the phone died. An hour later they said they had never seen this happen before and gave me a new one.

The lack of an actual exit is going to take some getting used to. Pausing and leaving the app running feels like I'm not turning out the light when I leave a room. :)

FYI, While cruising the forum here I found a thread about the Cubed player and downloaded it. I like.........

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah, if that app hard-locks the phone... don't use it. :D

Sorta like the guy who goes to the doctor complaining that every time he lifts his hand over his head it hurts, so the doctor says "well, don't do it!"

If you have no problems with the 3rd party app then run with it and don't look back. Personally I use TuneWiki on my Droid when I'm not streaming off Slacker.

mauiblue

Reaction score
Some guys have all the luck but in your case just the opposite. I would try other music apps to see what works for you. I like the app, mixZing (paid version). When I'm done using it, I just pause it and exit the app and it closes automatically.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

SMALLS09

Reaction score
On that same subject

Why doesn't the music player even recognize my mp3s? They worked right after I downloaded them and now it says "the phone doesn't support this type of file" or something like that. I had all these personalized ringtones set up and now nothing works.:icon_evil:

Thanks!

KidCuda

Reaction score
Try Poweramp, the new super music player, or Winamp.

akj27

Reaction score
Those are all bugs that came with 2.2, a fix is in the works and should be out pretty soon. To get it to work pull the battery, remove the sd card and put it back in, that should make it play your music, though I really recommend you download either poweramp, or mixzing.