Droid X Cardock will fit with case on

ultraoliver

Reaction score
No Case fits Motorola car mount.

I contacted Motorola to find a case that fits the Motorola Car Mount. They said the have no idea and to contact my Service Provider (Verizon). Verizon told my they are not aware of ANY case that fits the car mount. However, "a third-party MAY make a case that would fit". They also suggested that I get a "loose fitting" case as it would be easier to take on and off. I tried making the modification mentioned earlier (shave of the nub) but still can't find a case that fits. I tried the Seidio Innocase Active X (I had it previously) and Surface. Neither fit.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Car Mount

It really is hard to explain, however mine has been working good since. I use the "Shell/Holster Combo" from Verizon, I use the standard Verizon Car Mount. I removed the "extra piece" like mentioned. then I tried to fit the X in to the slot, and I used a small power grinder and "shaved" down pretty much anywhere the phone would hit until it sat completely in the slot, and the USB connector was all the way in.

I am VERY suprised by now that no company has come out with a car mount that will allow the use of a case or shell. Do they expect us to remove the case EVERY time we get in and out of the car...

ultraoliver

Reaction score
Sounds good for those that have a Dremel tool. I guess the rest of us are S.O.L.

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Sounds good for those that have a Dremel tool. I guess the rest of us are S.O.L.

Think outside the box... Buy a dremel tool, and if its not something you want hanging around, or don't have money to spend on tools, then return it when your done making the modifications. Just keep all the packaging, and open it real neat like, and save the receipt. Problem solved... Otherwise, wait around for someone to market it one, which by then you will have a new phone with a similar problem. :)

ultraoliver

Reaction score
Smart thinking there. Good idea, I might try that tomorrow! Thanks

Arcstriker

Reaction score
Smart thinking there. Good idea, I might try that tomorrow! Thanks

No problem, thats what we're hear for, to share crazy ideas. Just keep in mind when your shaving the inside of the pocket down, just take your time, and do a little at a time, then try it, and then a little more. I got mine fitting snug, in fact until you commented on this, I forgot I even modified it. But the ultimate goal is to get that usb connector to fit all the way in to the phone. The best part of this, if you want to go back to using it without a case, just re-insert the adapter, and your back to normal. (not that you'd want to)