Droid X camera stops working after update

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Updated to the new software and the camera and camcorder are now all black on the screen. I can see the camera options on the screen but it will not take any pictures. Worked fine yesterday but nothing today. Has this happened to anyone else?

I reformatted the SD card and did a factory reset and still nothing. So frustrating!

mailliwwilliam

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my X. I've tried numerous battery pulls, and finally wiped the phone, still no fix.

I've found quite a bit of information lately on the web, and it looks like a widespread problem. It appears to be a hardware problem, but once I wiped the phone it worked for a few seconds and then locked up, pressed home, and tried to go back into the camera and had the black screen again.

So it may be software...

latexyankee

Reaction score
I too have a black screen now wtf? was fine yesterday, saw this thread and thought i should check. Black as wesley snipes...damn updates wtf is goin on moto?

rickreno

Reaction score
I tried my camera after the update and it worked fine. Didn't try the video mode since I don't know how to use it, but the single shot camera worked fine.

hobby31

Reaction score
I got the update last night but hadn't tried the camera until I read this thread. Mine's working ok. Just tried taking 3 pics and a short video. It all worked.