Droid X Camera protruding? will the glass cover get scratched?

johnnyo4evr

Reaction score
Since the Droid X camera is located on the 'hump' in the back... will it get scratched just by laying it FLAT down on a surface (i.e. table, floor). From the pictures... I can't tell if the glass cover/lens protrudes or if it sits "in" on the camera and won't be 'harmed' when you put it down when not holding it.

Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make it so that it could happen, or just get case like everyone else =)

OP
J

johnnyo4evr

Reaction score
That was my assumption too.. I figured they would design it while keeping that in mind... but hey, who knows!

OP
J

johnnyo4evr

Reaction score
Can any current owners of the droid x speak from experience?

J

Johnly

That was my assumption too.. I figured they would design it while keeping that in mind... but hey, who knows!
very true...when the phone is laid down, the bottom of the phone and the bottom of the hump are all that touches. Moto gives a 1 year manufacture warranty, so if it fails, it is one them!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
A few reviewers have noted that the hump on the back actually ensures that the camera doesn't get scratched up when you set it down.

T

tavenger5

See this pic:
droidx7.jpg

From the review: Motorola Droid X Review

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea from the pic from tavenger the case overlays the camera part so you should be fine

bum324

Reaction score
My camera screen scratched

After froyo 2.2 update i was checking out my camera function and noticed a scratch lash straight middle of my carema screen.
so I called verizon customer line they have mention that it should be scratch proof and also chatted with motorola rep and they said it was designed from scraches unless it was contacted with harsh surface.
I am trying to cover my grounds with proof so that when i go in the store, stupid sales rep won't give me his opions on "i dont think it's right" ideas to reject me from replacement phone. Verizon guarantees worry free within one year of manufacturer warranty so they better swap out my phone... I would not be happy carrying half scrached camera lense phone for next 11 months!
Moral of the story.. if ur camera lense scratches, just know motorola did designed where it shouldn't unless u scratched them ur self or dropped hard on real hard surface ur self!

alemane213

Reaction score
After froyo 2.2 update i was checking out my camera function and noticed a scratch lash straight middle of my carema screen.
so I called verizon customer line they have mention that it should be scratch proof and also chatted with motorola rep and they said it was designed from scraches unless it was contacted with harsh surface.
I am trying to cover my grounds with proof so that when i go in the store, stupid sales rep won't give me his opions on "i dont think it's right" ideas to reject me from replacement phone. Verizon guarantees worry free within one year of manufacturer warranty so they better swap out my phone... I would not be happy carrying half scrached camera lense phone for next 11 months!
Moral of the story.. if ur camera lense scratches, just know motorola did designed where it shouldn't unless u scratched them ur self or dropped hard on real hard surface ur self!

So what happened? Did they replace it? I notice my X has a scratch on the camera also never been droped or anything.

granitemon

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the dx lens is made out of, but I've noticed several scratches right across the lens. I'm sure they're affecting photo quality, just not to a noticeable degree yet. But I'm sure as time goes by and more scratches appear, I may as well forget the phone ever had a camera.. I would love to know what material it is, so that I could feel comfortable trying to repair it, but neither verizon or motorola can tell me what it is.

Hurtem

Reaction score
Probably scratched it while in the pocket, is it really causing you that much harm? Are your photos ruined?