Question about the Incredible's camera lens

Jamar

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Incredible and I'm wondering... does the camera lens protrude from the back of the phone? It's the one thing I didn't pay attention to when looking at the phone in the VZW store. In pictures, it look like it does stick out and that makes me think it's more likely to be damaged. I didn't plan on using a case when I receive the phone and I don't want to be nervous when I have my phone laying on a flat surface.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It does stick out, but like anything, with a little tlc and being careful, I suspect it will be fine. I have the shell/holster combo (which kicks ass btw), which makes the camera flush with the back.

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
Thanks! I've always treated my phones like they were my first born, so I'm not TOO worried. I just have this weird pet peeve about scratches/marks on glass surfaces, and if it's easy to leave marks on the lens I'll invest in a case.

robdroid

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Incredible and I'm wondering... does the camera lens protrude from the back of the phone? It's the one thing I didn't pay attention to when looking at the phone in the VZW store. In pictures, it look like it does stick out and that makes me think it's more likely to be damaged. I didn't plan on using a case when I receive the phone and I don't want to be nervous when I have my phone laying on a flat surface.

No its all self contained behind the glass

OP
J

Jamar

Reaction score
I like the one you're using. Very flashy. And the belt clip design is nice. Does it add a significant bulge to the phone? I bought a snap-on clear case for my current Moto Droid and hated it after a week because of the added thickness.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I like the one you're using. Very flashy. And the belt clip design is nice. Does it add a significant bulge to the phone? I bought a snap-on clear case for my current Moto Droid and hated it after a week because of the added thickness.

No. its surprisingly slim, unlike the Motorola Droid version.

The holster/clip it slides into also is felt lined :)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
4585038037_0989f35cbf_b.jpg

BzB

Reaction score

i would recommend you invest in a case. the glass on lens cover is basically flush with the lip. even a minor scratch on that glass could greatly impact picture quality. i think making the glass flush was a suspect design decision on htc's part.

It does stick out, but like anything, with a little tlc and being careful, I suspect it will be fine. I have the shell/holster combo (which kicks ass btw), which makes the camera flush with the back.

same case i have and yes, it does kick ass. i pretty much never use the holster though, fits in my pocket just fine. adding a case to the incredible really improves the overall feel and weight of the phone in hand imo. i'll take a look at seidio's innocase case when it comes out, but this one is pretty good. only thing i would change is to add slightly more coverage on the top and bottom of the phone.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It also helps convince me that the condom on the back (the back cover) is going to stay on :D

RPA-DROID

Reaction score
I can understand wanting to protect the camera :)

HTC Incredible Accessories: Official Verizon Protective Cases Phone Reviews

The last one is the case I am using.

Sorry about this - does the picture show the phone turned backwards in the "holster"? Does the clip come off your belt when you use the phone or deos the phone slide out of your holster to use it leaving the clip on your belt? I'm looking for something that protects the phone and allows me to clip it - looks like this will do but want to make sure... Thanks in advance!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, the phone is inside facing and slides in and out. It's a two piece set, the phone backing and the clip holster.

Stoneman10

Reaction score
It is a nice case/holster and with the face to the inside, it protects it against the felt. However, the camera lens is pointing out but is flush with the case. Also, the case is also slightly raised above the face so when it is set face down on a surrface, the face does not touch the surface. The whole system is very light weight and the case by itself is very comfortable in the hand. My only problem with the system is the case slides fairly easily in the holster. Regrettably, I have had the phone fall out of the holster. A small clip that held in it place would be a better design. Also, while a tang on the belt clip keeps it from pulling off your belt, it also makes it hard to take off your belt.

Guchi

Reaction score
I have this one and the phone with this case is still smaller than my droid
High-Gloss-Silicone-Protective-Cover.jpg