Droid X Camera Issues

pubsafetman

Reaction score
Hey everyone, maybe someone can help me with this. Obviously the DX has an 8MP camera (which with the GB update goes to 6MP everytime you open the stock camera app), but today I found out something interesting.

When trying to upload a pic taken on my phone to costco, I was informed the resolution was not great enough for a good pic. When i opened the pic in the gallery, click on photo info, it shows the resolution on the pics to be D1. I went through older pics it shows this on most. At most I was finding them to be about 2MP. My wife sent me a pic taken from her non smartphone and it was almost 3MP (which is what her phone has for a camera.)

I usually use FXCamera as my standard app for photos, but I have noticed this also with Camera360, magic hour, and others. Any ideas how to get the most out of this, or am I stuck using the stock camera??

OP
P

pubsafetman

Reaction score
dont know what that is..so i guess no. not rooted...stock GB

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Well I'm running 2.2.3 also and using my own rom so I don't know what is wrong. If it is absolutely killing you sbf and it will fix it but you loose your phones data but not the contents of your SD card

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Actually take it to Verizon if your phone is stock and not modded and they can take the hit if your phone wont work :p

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums