Droid X battery problems discovered!!!!!!!

GThree

Reaction score
has anyone checked the usage n **** on 2.2?? Since I updated to 2.2 today, I've had a huge change in my battery. I'm glad it's not instant dead. lol I use a ton of stuff and task killer and I'm shocked my phone is so beast on 2.2 dancedroid I pretty much run pandora all day since I sit my ass at a desk. Froyo > life.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I might, new 2.2 has been real nice so far. Love the flash I can play the games on the Kongregate now.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah so checked my *#*#4636#*#* after upgrading to 2.2 and now my phone is running 100% of the time even with GPS off. Phone has been unplugged for 9 hours and phone has been awake 9 hours, screen has been off but phone not sleeping.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah so checked my *#*#4636#*#* after upgrading to 2.2 and now my phone is running 100% of the time even with GPS off. Phone has been unplugged for 9 hours and phone has been awake 9 hours, screen has been off but phone not sleeping.

Hopefully it's not a problem, though. What's your overall battery % after 9 hours?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Battery is at 80% after a total of almost twelve hours and that is no texting and a few emails. Listened to some music while getting ready for work. Turned off wifi and the phone does sleep now so it is definitely a problem. How much it is affecting battery is hard to tell right now.

akates

Reaction score
Yup, I found the same thing, wifi on is keeping the phone running 100%. Not sure how much it's affecting battery life though.

beachape

Reaction score
Battery, Droid x

Pilot 25,

I don't have "Spare Parts " on my Droid X , is this an app that you dnlded! I am running sys. version 1.13.604, with firmware vrsn 2.1 update 1. All I have is the battery manager, and battery use indicator

beachape

Reaction score
I dont have "spare Parts" on my droid x , is this an app to dnld! , I recently had to reset to factory settings . it only updated to 1.13.604!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you dial *#*#4636#*#* from you keypad like making a phone call you can see all the battery info without downloading any app.

avt123

Reaction score
Hmm I have WiFi set to never sleep and it says my device is only running 23%. WiFi is running 100% though.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hmm I have WiFi set to never sleep and it says my device is only running 23%. WiFi is running 100% though.

Are you on the leaked 2.2 build?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Really? Well wonder what is different with yours from mine and the others having the problems. Since I turned WIFI off my phone is sleeping again, but if I turn it back on phone no sleepy.

avt123

Reaction score
Interesting. Yea I have my WiFi set to never sleep when while I have WiFi toggled on. I have been able to get 20+ hours of battery life this way on a single charge.