Droid X battery problems discovered!!!!!!!

fishstick600

Reaction score
Because the auto kill setting kills a lot of apps your phone needs running. The second they are killed android will fire them right back up. It kills your alarm clock, email, text messaging, everything running in the background. It uses more battery than it saves and will slow down your phone. Let android do what it was designed to do. I get great battery life using the STOCK task manager and only kill apps that are frozen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fishstick600

Reaction score
Also this isn't windows. When you hit the home button while playing angry birds the apps isn't using any battery. It will use up some memory but if android thinks you need more memory it will start killing apps on its own ... it takes just as much battery to use 0 ram as all of it. Apps that pull data and use gps will effect battery life tho so always use the back key to shut off an app not the home screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

KHeeney5

Reaction score
One of the things you can look at, is AutoKiller Memory optimizer. this would "seem" as a task killer, however, it actually changes the built in values that android uses to "kill/shutdown" apps. Check it out.

Amagine

Reaction score
Root, install Liberty's ROM, or use Jrummy's Driod X overclocker to lower your voltages. Did wonders for me. I can go about a day and a half on a solid charge while using it regularly.

You can also use a "DarK" theme to lower the amount of the screen actually lit at a time. Though, I don't know how much this tactic actually saves.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Try ApeX and Liberty. You can't brick an X, it is physically impossible unless you do something incredible stupid. You have to try to brick it, and even then, you can't. The worst case senerio is that you have to SBF. Go for it. There is a guide it my signature!!! Jst look down :D

marcschreiber

Reaction score
I went to VZ because of bad battery life. He told me its all the apps running and he installed a task killer to show me all that was running. I use it and five minutes later, there are 10 apps running I didn't go near.

How do I shut these apps down until I want them?

Dullawolf

Reaction score
I went to VZ because of bad battery life. He told me its all the apps running and he installed a task killer to show me all that was running. I use it and five minutes later, there are 10 apps running I didn't go near.

How do I shut these apps down until I want them?

spend the money and get titanium backup pro. you can freeze apps and even remove the bloatware that comes on the phone, but if you remove the wrong stuff, when it comes time to get your phone fixed from VZ it will void the warranty if you remove them and can't get them back.

ctfd114

Reaction score
My phone has never lasted anything over 8 HOURS! people who claim their phone lasts more than that, obviously dont use it! Ive had my droidx for 7+ months. Id like to know where these people live because theres something in the water!! On a lighter note, it makes no difference on my x if the gps bluetooth and wifi are all on, the battery really doesnt drain quicker.. But ive ran my phone with all of them off, and not much difference at all.. Your phone has been running for 1 day and 19 hours??? How??

BodyBagz

Reaction score
My phone has never lasted anything over 8 HOURS! people who claim their phone lasts more than that, obviously dont use it! Ive had my droidx for 7+ months. Id like to know where these people live because theres something in the water!! On a lighter note, it makes no difference on my x if the gps bluetooth and wifi are all on, the battery really doesnt drain quicker.. But ive ran my phone with all of them off, and not much difference at all.. Your phone has been running for 1 day and 19 hours??? How??
Ok...I`ll be your Huckleberry....

On "average", my Droid X gets anywhere from 17-24 hours out of a single charge. I take my phone off my eZeStand dock/charger promptly at 6ish each morning...I am away from home 13 hours per day for my job...then back home and off charger usually until around 11pm-12am or so. Below is my personal "average use" of my phone on any given day...take it as you wish, and as an added bonus, also included below is how I have my phone set up for battery life...

Average Use:
1) 1-20 text messages daily...SMS/MMS mixture
2) 5-10 less than 5 minute voice calls
3) 5-10 more than 5 minute voice calls
4) 2 hours of MP3 Audio playback from my phone to my car stereo to and from work...1 hour both ways
5) 30-45 minutes of MP3 Audio playback while I work out
6) 30-45 minutes of surfing Droid Forums app
7) 15-30 minutes of showing co-workers/friends how to do things with their Droid phones...apps, games or system tweeks
8) 10-15 time checks since I dont wear a wristwatch due to my job(Mechanic = jewelery is a No-No)
9) 5-10 FaceBook update checks throughout the workday..occasional update/comment post

My personal battery tweeks:

1) Set all Automatic Updating apps (E-mail, FaceBook, Twitter, Weather etc) to Manual if available. If not, then set to longest interval unless you need constant updates...I dont.
2) Screen Brightness set to Automatic setting...contrary to popular belief, this does seem to work better than dropping the setting all the way down...in my experience at least..YMMV
3) WiFi and BlueTooth turned off unless needed. WiFi on all the time has a default of 2 minutes I believe for searching for connections. This will eat away at the battery, especially if you are in a poor WiFi area that the phone can "see" a connection, but not actually connect to.
4) DO NOT USE A TASK KILLER OF ANY TYPE!! Killing apps is about as useful as teats on a boar hog...let Android do what it was built to do...it works! If you do have to kill and app, use the built in function in Android(Froyo and after releases)
5) Set the Battery Saving Mode to Nighttime Mode...again, in my experience, this setting is actually better than Maximum Saver....YMMV
6) If you want, install a different ROM, I prefer Blur-less ROM`s as they rend to be better at managing/using battery. My choice is Liberty...Apex is also highly regarded for battery savings as well...YMMV again.

Below is some screen shot`s of my old set-up running Liberty v1.5 along with my "battery saving tips" listed above...no overclock/undervolting, no "battery savers", and no other "battery mods" of any type...and you can see my phone usage as well...

38868367767767512668.png
69122627731058661077.png

46002210859679228874.png