Droid X Battery Life

cbaty08

Reaction score
Do you people who get crazy good battery life use task killers or antiviruses or battery saving apps such as juicedefender?

JuiceDefender all dayyyyy!!!

Once you get to understand the settings of when to allow your peak hours for data, which apps are allowed data 24/7, and your data schedule, its all gravy from there.

I even bought the plus version, gives you an option to stay on wifi(which uses less battery than 3g) when you are close to the phones trusted/known hotspots.

This along with SetCPU and juice plotter give me easily 60 hours on my extended battery. Mind you JuicePlotter doesn't help battery life, but informs you of how much is left in hours, as well as how long it will take to charge full while it is charging.

Last edited:

timrock

Reaction score
ok, unplugged for 16 hours. played checkers with my daughter, read emails, made and received calls. sent some texts. chatted with tapatalk on a few forums, downloaded a 300mb movie, a 8mb mp3, watched a 50 minute episode of Mad Men on my way to work, and listed to about 15 minutes worth of music. The battery (extended) is at 40% as of right now.

Laramie

Reaction score
Thought I'd add my two cents. Got my DX in from FedEx. Upgraded to 2.2. Fully charged all night. Been going 31 hours since full charge. Texting, IM, installing apps, 5-6 phone calls, lots of email, facebook, etc.

Just plugged it back into the wall when it hit 10%.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I am just shy of 13 hours off the charger today...sitting at 80%...done the usual stuff just like normal so far...

reef9

Reaction score
I am just shy of 13 hours off the charger today...sitting at 80%...done the usual stuff just like normal so far...

So you did your "stress" test and after 13 hrs your at 80% REALLY???? WOW MAN!! THATS IMPRESSIVE!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Pushed it past two days, I am at 40% right now gonna see if I can make three.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Wtf seriously what are you guys doing to your phones...mine has been six hours unplugged and is at 60%

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Im at 7.5 hrs unplugged and im at 50% battery.

My brightness is all the way down ( since I work retail and there are lights)

I text a lot. Bout 100 so far sent/received

Screen time out at 30 seconds. With lock

Wifi gps location off

Facebook and emails are set to manual

A little web browsing. (Mostly facebook through the web not the app)

Not sure if its good that im 50 but I got a lot of use out it so far. Im also on the stock battery not extended.

Droid does better than ianything.

Laramie

Reaction score
7 hours off charger, just hit 70%. Listened to music for couple hours and streamed radio about an hour. And some app installs and updates.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
:) Nope no battery switching, I think it would actually count that and start the timer over. I don't do anything special, I am on the extended battery. I didn't play any games this round but have used the web, music player, bunch of texting and emails. No widgets updating except beautiful set every hour. I used to use advanced task killer but have since stopped for about two weeks and my phone has been great since. I thought I would use battery life more not killing some apps like games or music player, but I have not.

I always back out of browser instead of hitting home, or if I am a bunch of pages in I will just kill the window and back out of the new one. I have dropbox installed so not sure if that is pulling resources to keep my files updated, but hasn't seemed to hurt it. I have noticed going into the 4636 from dial pad UID1001 is using almost 100 of my senor not sure what that is though. Does not seem to be affecting battery though, so there is great hope with these phones if you set it up to meet your needs.

Oh and WIFI is always on at home and work, GPS and bluetooth are always off. I am on a network extender at home to keep good cell coverage. And the use cell towers for my location is set to off.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I decided to plug in at 30 % got stuff to do tonight and don't want it dying later.

ffmariners

Reaction score
40 hours on another charge. No screenshots since I posted a screen with 43 hours.