Battery Life

NADA918

Reaction score
What does everyone think of the battery life, I had to charge it up and it already seems to be depleting too fast to last through the whole day.

Reaction score
Having worked in the cell phone industry i have never trusted any o the" let your battery die the first time" or the "power off when giving the first charge" techniques, but i tried them both this time and i have to say the results i'm seeing are phenominal. I have an uptime of 10 hours and 27 minutes and im at 80%. This is after searching for, installing, and restoring 70+ apps total, browsing this forum for a total of about an hour, customizing every one of my home screens with widgets and icons, watching 7 or.8 youtube videos (varying in length) and sending/receiving about 100 messages. This is all with auto-brightness, wifi, and bluetooth on the entire time. I have honestly never experienced battery life like this since my old curve 8330 (2-3 days). Sorry for gushing, but im literally stunned by this. Who knows, maybe give the method i used a try or see about getting your battery replaced.

Ps, didn't install advanced.task killer and im using launcher pro with all of the memory eating settings turned on. Still at 80%

Good luck

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
Having worked in the cell phone industry i have never trusted any o the" let your battery die the first time" or the "power off when giving the first charge" techniques, but i tried them both this time and i have to say the results i'm seeing are phenominal. I have an uptime of 10 hours and 27 minutes and im at 80%. This is after searching for, installing, and restoring 70+ apps total, browsing this forum for a total of about an hour, customizing every one of my home screens with widgets and icons, watching 7 or.8 youtube videos (varying in length) and sending/receiving about 100 messages. This is all with auto-brightness, wifi, and bluetooth on the entire time. I have honestly never experienced battery life like this since my old curve 8330 (2-3 days). Sorry for gushing, but im literally stunned by this. Who knows, maybe give the method i used a try or see about getting your battery replaced.

Ps, didn't install advanced.task killer and im using launcher pro with all of the memory eating settings turned on. Still at 80%

Good luck

Wow thats awesome. can anyone else confirm anything like this? My battery did die all the Way then charged it but have a steaming app on in The background.. Just doesn't seem good enough for a whole day

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3

Good luck

Wow thats awesome. can anyone else confirm anything like this? My battery did die all the Way then charged it but have a steaming app on in The background.. Just doesn't seem good enough for a whole day

Uh, I can confirm NOT having results like this, lol. Only thing I can think of is if the guy was in a room that was not very bright, so the screen was running at a much lower brightness. The battery seems pretty decent overall, and the screen is brighter than I actually need by default, but nothing like what he described. I don't want to call anybody a liar, but...well, alright, I'm calling him a liar. There's no way he did all of that for as long as he implied and only went through 20% of the battery without any charging. Just flat-out impossible. Wi-fi radios drain batteries like hell; even if that was off, I still wouldn't believe it...unless he was literally sitting in the dark and the auto brightness sensor was keeping the backlight very low or off.

daceaki

Reaction score
always see that kind of guy boasting about how the battery on his beloved phone is decent...

ffej89

Reaction score
lol I get 47hrs of talk time and 18hrs of browsing. For real though the things i have found that work the best for prolonging battery life is to turn off wifi, bluetooth, and gps. With the radio's off you will save alot of battery. When you need them just turn em on. Its just a little hastle but give it a try and see.

PhDCow

Reaction score
I use wifi at home only because our home network is faster than 3G. I just took my phone off the charger for the day and we'll see how long I can go with it. I have my email and twitter to sync every 30 minutes and I use the brightness widget from Curvefish to set my brightness at 0% (I did the same thing with my Droid).

car guy

Reaction score
I don't think I am having much luck with battery life either. I had my phone charge overnight. Got up this morning and used it for a few texts and some other things for maybe half hour and the battery indicator was already dropping way more than it should have been.

ewells2420

Reaction score
who knows maybe a bad batch of batteries, or maybe they need to be broke in a little, or maybe even its just the phone is a power hog. Which I think the last is the most likely.

Reaction score
So, not making this up. Im at 22 he's now and its still at 50. Granted, i did nothing with it for like 7 hours when i slept but i swear im not making this up. I couldn't get from 10am-10pm with my motodroid and couldn't get from 10-7 with the eris i used for the last three weeks without needing to plug it in. I understand if you guys don't believe me, because i wouldn't believe this either, sadly. Is there any way i can give a detailed battery report? I don't know how to screen cap on the phone... i guess i could take a video with my sisters droid and put it on youtube just for proof lol. Ill provide any proof anyone asks for lol.

I really hope other people are seeing these results.

Reaction score
So, not making this up. Im at 22 he's now and its still at 50. Granted, i did nothing with it for like 7 hours when i slept but i swear im not making this up. I couldn't get from 10am-10pm with my motodroid and couldn't get from 10-7 with the eris i used for the last three weeks without needing to plug it in. I understand if you guys don't believe me, because i wouldn't believe this either, sadly. Is there any way i can give a detailed battery report? I don't know how to screen cap on the phone... i guess i could take a video with my sisters droid and put it on youtube just for proof lol. Ill provide any proof anyone asks for lol.

I really hope other people are seeing these results.

I might have figured it out. There is a battery manager option in the settings and mine is set to battery saver. I have no idea what it does but my screen brightness is still up (70% of my battery drain) and wifi and bt are still on. Not sure how well the battery saver actually works, but it seems to be doing the job for me :)

REXXX

Reaction score
im still playing with the settings but i noticed that the battery life is horrendous with mine. got mine at 3pm yesterday came home put it on the charger until like 5 while i gathered all previous apps and such i had before on my droid.

once i took it off the charger i went out did some texting( like 30 maybe), went on face book once or twice for like 3 minutes each time and played a game for 2 minutes. by the time i got home at 9:30 my battery life was at 50%(all this was mostly with backlight level at lowest setting). I am just going to let the battery completely die tonight and see where that brings me with battery life... if this keeps up though im just going to return the phone. my droid could last almost 2 days doing the same exact stuff and a lot more compared to the x so far.

Reaction score
im still playing with the settings but i noticed that the battery life is horrendous with mine. got mine at 3pm yesterday came home put it on the charger until like 5 while i gathered all previous apps and such i had before on my droid.

once i took it off the charger i went out did some texting( like 30 maybe), went on face book once or twice for like 3 minutes each time and played a game for 2 minutes. by the time i got home at 9:30 my battery life was at 50%(all this was mostly with backlight level at lowest setting). I am just going to let the battery completely die tonight and see where that brings me with battery life... if this keeps up though im just going to return the phone. my droid could last almost 2 days doing the same exact stuff and a lot more compared to the x so far.

:( im really sorry to hear that. For the record, i've only been unplugged for 15 hours, it was the uptime that read 25.... my bad.

At any rate i would let it die and just give it a shot. Also try charging it with the power off. Last thing, i would really check the battery profiles in the settings, as i think that is what is my success is coming from.

REXXX

Reaction score
I have been checking my battery profile to see whats using up power. today it said phone idle(ACTUALLY MEANT TO PUT CELL STAND BY used the most power in the 2 hours i had it unplugged from charger and brought it down to 90% haha.

I could have my droid unplugged for 5 hours or more and use the web for like 30 minutes before the power went to 90%... i just love the way the droidx feels in my hand.

edit: meant to type cell standby not phone idle.