Battery Life

cole924

Reaction score
I have also had battery issues -

It's dropping 50% and that's in two hours and only doing a few things like texting and checking out the market. I haven't downloaded more than 2-3 apps at most and I didn't even venture into the browser yet.

On top of that it's only re-charging 10% each hour - IF that.

This seems to be a bad batch of batteries and I will be getting mine replaced as soon as i go to Verizon.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Mine is fine! I love the "bad batch of batteries" conspiracy thery! lol I have been using the heck out of mine with weather, news and social all syncing in 30 min. intervals, have been texting and on the market downloading apps and it is good to go!

kpiskin

Reaction score
If you're using it a lot outside, the heat will help it discharge a lot better. I am still getting mixed results. I am going to try to discharge it completely one more time to see if that makes things a little more stable.

cole924

Reaction score
Mine is fine! I love the "bad batch of batteries" conspiracy thery! lol I have been using the heck out of mine with weather, news and social all syncing in 30 min. intervals, have been texting and on the market downloading apps and it is good to go!

What is wrong w/ the "bad batch" theory? There is no happy-medium in this thread. It's a lot of people using their batteries as they should and a lot of people who can't hold their charge even if it's the first, second, or even third in 2 days.

Wouldn't that actually support the "conspiracy theory", as you put it?

the064cobra

Reaction score
You really can't call it a "conspiracy theory" if you're not sitting in someone shoes. Everyone's experience is just that or otherwise you're calling them liars.

Something is going on...whether it's the batteries, whether someone didn't first charge the batteries before using them or whether they are a bad batch or what functions are all running at the same time....

Time will tell....

FireDroid

Reaction score
I am not calling anyone a liar, I just think that after 2 days of being out in the wild that people are jumping to conclusions that there is a "bad batch" of batteries. I guess I am a realist when it comes to this because I realize this is basically a mini computer in the palm of your hand and to expect the battery to last 24 hours with a bunch of use is just unrealistic. Look at the size of the battery and what it does, you cant even get that type of performance from a laptop sitting idle!

Also, I think this phone is being used by new to smartphone users VS D1 and are probably used to a dumbphone battery that will last for days just talking and texting.

I say before jumping to the "bad batch" theory look at what apps are running and what you are doing with your phone!

I pull mine off the charger at 6 am and use it all day long and will have to put it back to charge around 9 at night with about 20% left, not bad for what I have running and how I use it!

I guess I may have gotton one of the "good batch" batteries!

the064cobra

Reaction score
Well that sounds better than how you first came across.

I've had mine since the first day of it's release and had issues with its battery; even overheating during its charge.

But one can't really say anything definitive without some time to elapse to have solid findings. Either way, like I said in my previous post, there may be other things in play like the radios. I know it wasn't for me. I'm not new to any of this. I'm 40 years old and technology & software engineering is my life and career. So I can't speak for others.

Cheers.

dhan

Reaction score
For me i would charge up this battery and go to sleep. over night from 100% it would drop to 70% is that regular? i never knew it would take up 30% while doing nothing.. I am planning on buying another battery from the store as well.. I would have a full battery in the morning and by 3pm it would die (both days i tried). i only text constantly and barely ever go on web maybe 1 youtube video.. anyone can clear this up for me?

avt123

Reaction score
I'm usually connected to WiFi all day so that helps with data battery drain.

After loading all the apps, fixing settings and customizing to my liking, I was at about 60% (from 100% 2 hours before that)....this was at around 4PM yesterday. At 1AM this morning before I went to sleep, it has 40% battery after a few 5 min phones calls, 40 or so text and a half hour of browsing. Pretty impressive so far.

RenesisDoll

Reaction score
The first two days I had this phone I was extremely upset with the battery life. However, I'm beginning to feel much better about it. On day one, it was at about 90% when I walked out of the store. After about 2 straight hours of playing with it, it died. So I charged it all the way (or what it said was all the way in about 3 hours) and it lasted about 5 hours of.normal use before dying again.

I then charged it over night, off, and the next day I used it normally to see if it would last the whole day. It made it from about 9 am to 1030pm before dying.
Again, a full charge turned off.

Today I have been using it at work pretty much nonstop. I unplugged it at 6 am, its now 315pm and I'm at 70%.

Definitely a firm believer in letting it drain a few times and fully charging while powered off.

darreno1

Reaction score
I've been doing better than expected considering the screen size and how much I browse during the day. So far I've managed 14 hours out of a single charge which is decent. I'll be happy just getting through a work day which should be easily doable.

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Definitely not getting the same battery life like i had with the motodroid. I love the droid x but hate all the crapware moto loaded on it. Check your running processes under applications, so many default preinstalled apps running and i don't even use them. Sure i can end them but they shouldn't be auto starting if i have never used them. Boy this phone could have been absolutely insane with stock android 2.1 or 2.2

Hope mondays july 19th's update helps with battery life

rainman89

Reaction score
How do you check the exact percentage left on your battery. With my old phone I just clicked on the battery - that doesn't seem to be working with this phone. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for the help.

kpiskin

Reaction score
I don't think mine ever did that. I used mini info and that gave me a numerical display.

just4747

Reaction score
Um ok so i went to my closest verizon and tried to exchange my battery and the guy told me that the update on the 19th is supposed to fix any battery issues. So i said ok and left. Then i looked up the updte details and it just says that it will "improve the battery indicator". So the guy was tellin me bs then right?

Im so mad because i know the batter is dying way too fast and i need another one but i can't even get one. What should i do?