Droid X August 25th?

solidsnake4119

Reaction score
So I finally jumped the gun..I went to my local Verizon Store on Saturday the 7th and ordered a Motorola Droid X. The customer rep told me that I won't get my Droid X till August 25th? I checked the website as well and it said August 25th. :icon_eek:

How likely is it that I have to wait that loooooong...till I get my phone. I read the thread about the August 18th Shipment for Droid X and no one talked about an August 25th date.

P.S. New here! Found this forum from Google. Can't wait for my Droid X.

myhotweal

Reaction score
Droid X Ship Date

I just ordered a replacement for my Droid X Saturday and at that time the ship date was Aug. 18th. My last Droid X came a few days earlier than the ship date they originally gave me. If you call Verizon, they can give you the exact ship date.

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I ordered mine on friday its said I will get it on the 18 my co worker ordered it on last friday and recieved it on the fallowing friday. I ordered online at the verizon store. the way it sounds that Some people are getting theres sent out before some people who been waiting longer is still waiting.

But again. it may have been a select few. I had nothing but good service from verizon wireless. I just wish they did not host there server off there own network cause there site is slow.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
So I finally jumped the gun..I went to my local Verizon Store on Saturday the 7th and ordered a Motorola Droid X. The customer rep told me that I won't get my Droid X till August 25th? I checked the website as well and it said August 25th. :icon_eek:

How likely is it that I have to wait that loooooong...till I get my phone. I read the thread about the August 18th Shipment for Droid X and no one talked about an August 25th date.

I also finally jumped the gun. I went to my local Verizon Store on Friday August 6th and ordered a Motorola Droid for myself and the wifey. They told me it was guaranteed to ship by August 24th. I also checked the website, and it said the 24th too. The rep told me she was just looking on Verizon's website though and it could ship earlier...

I hope I don't have to wait that long either. I am super excited, but 2 weeks is a long time.

Does anyone know if they will send me a shipping confirmation since I ordered it in the store, or should I just call VZW customer service?

The SGP Ultra Crystal screen protectors and the two silicone cases are looking very lonely on my table, just waiting to swallow up a Droid X.

cgrimm9

Reaction score

I also finally jumped the gun. I went to my local Verizon Store on Friday August 6th and ordered a Motorola Droid for myself and the wifey. They told me it was guaranteed to ship by August 24th. I also checked the website, and it said the 24th too. The rep told me she was just looking on Verizon's website though and it could ship earlier...

I hope I don't have to wait that long either. I am super excited, but 2 weeks is a long time.

Does anyone know if they will send me a shipping confirmation since I ordered it in the store, or should I just call VZW customer service?

The SGP Ultra Crystal screen protectors and the two silicone cases are looking very lonely on my table, just waiting to swallow up a Droid X.

In what I hear they been sending out confirmations. some have not but most have. ME I am not using any screen protectors. had a ipod for a year now and no scratches on the screen. Gorilla Glass is pretty strong and scratch resistent. but not scratch proof. In my past history the protectors leave a little haze after removal.

OP
S

solidsnake4119

Reaction score
Well, I just called Verizon Customer Service (611 on my Verizon Wireless Phone) and they told me that it'll come here August 25th...I don't know if it's an estimate or something, but that's such a long time. :icon_evil:

I guess I'll just wait it off. *sadface*

And I don't think they send you a delivery confirmation number if you ordered it in the store (Don't quote me on that). I'm positive they give you one if you ordered it online though. Either way, you can just dial 611 and ask them to find out about your order status.

Is there anyone else that ordered on the 7th?? :icon_eek:

Last edited:

cgrimm9

Reaction score
when you call customer support about when you are getting the shipment it will allways be a sertain day cause they are told to say that. does not meen anything.when you will recieve the phone. I hate waiting too.

haticK

Reaction score
they are definitely slacking on the east coast, 8 days and still no email (got from store)

OP
S

solidsnake4119

Reaction score
they are definitely slacking on the east coast, 8 days and still no email (got from store)

I'm sure it's just that the east coast has a lot more demand. When did Verizon tell you that you were going to get it? Try calling 611 and asking them :)

myhotweal

Reaction score
I just called verizon and the Droid X replacement phone that I ordered in the store this past Saturday will ship on the 13th. I guess the ship dates are not set in stone.

haticK

Reaction score

We are you on the east coast? I'm in Georgia and was told would ship today
im from NY and to answer the other person a few days ago I went back into the store and asked the girl that works there and she still said the 18th. the day i bought the phone the guy said they were coming in fast and that i should have it within a week, but at this point I don't believe anything the reps say.

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I know my guy i work with got his phone in 7 days from ordering and just got it on friday/