droid x and cobra 29 bluetooth

droidcobrauser

Reaction score
I found this website due to the problem I'm having with my cobra 29 bluetooth not working properly with my new droid x. Did that ever get solved or is it still a mytery?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I use the BT in my car without any issues. Are you able to pair the devices?

OP
D

droidcobrauser

Reaction score
pairing not a problem

car/bluetooth and the droid x are fine
this is for the cobra 29 bluetooth cb radio which worked fine with my last phone the droidx doesn't seem to go beyond pairing with the cb, the cb acts as though the phone is connected with the start and end of a call but the call itself (the person I'm talking to) has to come through the phone up to my ear.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I understand correctly you are trying to pair the phone with two devices (CB and headset) at once. Is that correct? If so, I wonder if the phone will not connect to multiple devices at the same time. I've never attempted to connect two separate devices at the same time.

Mike

Starvetti

Reaction score
I just tried to pair my new Droid X and got the same results. Has anyone found a solution

Iris115

Reaction score
I just bought this CB and am having the same problem. Did you guys ever get your phones to work with the Cobra 29? Did you need to replace it or was there a way to pair the phone and CB?

Iris115

Reaction score
I just bought this CB and am having the same problem. Did you guys ever get your phones to work with the Cobra 29? Did you need to replace it or was there a way to pair the phone and CB?
I contacted Cobra thru their website and this is the reply I got back.... The radio would have to come back to the factory to have the firm ware updated because the radio was built before the Droid X technology. Just go to their website and contact them and they will send you the information on where to send it if you want it to work right. I looked on my radio and it was built in July 09. Maybe its just luck at this point if you get a new enough radio when you buy it as to wether it will be updated for the Android phones or not. Im mailing it today and Ill let you know how long it takes to get it back.