Anyone out there using a bluetooth CB radio?

Todd droid x

Reaction score
I switched from a BB storm to this droid x. Awesome phone, but i'm having trouble pairing it to my Cobra 29 LTD Bluetooth. The phone recognizes it, but won't send the phone audio to the CB. The CB rings and the mic button answers, but the voice stays in the phone. Also, the blue light on the CB stays on during a conversation, but i still have to hold phone to my ear. My storm didn't have this problem. I really don’t want to buy another bluetooth headset.

droidcobrauser

Reaction score
did you ever get a reply on this? I'm having the same problem. My girlfriend got her droid to work with the bluetooth in her car but I can't seem to get the bluetooth cb to work with my droid

OP
T

Todd droid x

Reaction score
I got a reply from someone with a similar problem, but no answer yet. I guess very few droid x owners also use a bluetooth cobra cb. Another truck driver said a CB shop can fine tune the radio to get it to work right. I never attempted this. I just hold the phone to my ear. Thanks for the reply on such an old topic anyway.

Iris115

Reaction score
Did anyone having this problem find a solution to the problem? Was it a faulty CB or will it just not pair with certain devices?

Iris115

Reaction score
I contacted Cobra and they said the radio would have to come back to the factory to have the firm ware updated because the radio was built before the Droid X technology. Im sending it back today. Ill let you guys know if it works. My radio was built in july 09 by the way. Maybe you could return it and see if they have one made more recently that might work. I bought mine online so that probably wasnt a good route for me to take. You can contact them through their website if youre interested in doing this update.

agh8242

Reaction score
Of course im having the same problem . My Cobra BT CB worked fine with my Samsung Stratosphere , But my Droid 4 will not pair correcly .any apps/ answers to this short of sending the CB back to Cobra for new firemware ?

OP
T

Todd droid x

Reaction score
I've retired my Droid X and got the Galaxy S3. When trying to pair the S3 to the same Cobra 29 BT, it simply says "unable to communicate with device." At this stage, I just use a headset.