Droid X ACTUAL battery percentage exploit!

darthzach

Reaction score
Droid X ACTUAL battery percentage exploit?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I just discovered it accidentally while using Minimalistic Text Widget and got excited that I stumbled onto one of my most sought after features - my DX showing the actual battery percentage in absolutes, not by tens!

I'm sure I'm late to this party, then again I did just get Minimalistic, but WHY is it not possible to display this actual numeric value in the notification bar and everywhere else throughout the phone? Or is it just a perk of Gingerbread (I've never noticed it before)?

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah I posted this before but I think it was missed in the thread. I love the one percent and it isn't DX specific. I have a D2 and it does the same.

I also found a life wallpaper that shows your battery levels as a fuel guage and signal as a tacometer.....I like it.

OP
D

darthzach

Reaction score
This confuses the hell out of me, cause I remember reading several times from more than one place that it was impossible to show actual battery percentages in Droids specifically due to something in the firmware or coding. If Minimalistic can show it, I wonder if other widgets/apps can and if so, logically it should be possible to display it in the notification bar...

leonozug

Reaction score
I've had this app for a while now. The original droid can't show actually percentage, but the X can.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
That sucks for the D1 guys. I wonder if the livewallpaper would assist there. It seems to be very accurate....it's called Gasoline....the trial is a joke so I just bought it so I didn't have that stupid add. The trial only works for like an hour or something. It also changes color day to night.....day is orangeish and night is blue.

zoe

Reaction score
battery monitor free can display it on the notification bar, but not on the right side near the time rather on the left side
the firmware of the dx can only display the 10% increments, other apps and widgets are using software to calculate and display them in the 1% increments...

[insert_here]

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the wallpaper....this is the day color scheme

0c99b823-3b2d-f0c0.jpg

Before I get hammered with questions about this again.....YES....I have both my notification bar and dock hidden. I do like this new launcher....swipe up....hide notification bar....or restore it if already hidden. Swipe down hides dock....or restores it.

Night color scheme
0c99b823-3c59-3784.jpg

I forgot....it also displays date and time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
as you can see by the offset of the guage, in the night color scheme shot, this wallpaper appears to read in 1% increments as well. Or pretty freakin close anyway.

OP
D

darthzach

Reaction score
battery monitor free can display it on the notification bar, but not on the right side near the time rather on the left side
the firmware of the dx can only display the 10% increments, other apps and widgets are using software to calculate and display them in the 1% increments...

[insert_here]

Yeeech, what a plain looking battery indicator. Could use some upgrades. Oh well, i'll take what i can get with 1% battery apps in the notification bar. Thanks for the recommendation.

Know of any other like this out there? I'm even willing to pay a small price for a nice looking one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums