droid will not pair with ford sync

nkoom

Reaction score
To play audio from your Droid on your Sync system you need to have them paired. Once they are you can go into the menu system on Sync to select the source "bluetooth audio". An easier way is to push the "media" button on your steering wheel. When Sync says "say a command", you say "bluetooth audio". You can now play mp3's from your droid on your car stereo. I have been listening to Pandora internet radio in my car and it sounds pretty darn good. Another reason to love my Droid!

Bobev

Reaction score
Enter Code faster

:greendroid::)
I was able to pair my Droid with the Sync in my F150. I had the issues where it would 'cut me off' when entering the pin a few times, but I finally typed it in quick enough and it paired fine.
I had the same problem and finally got faster on putting the code in also, working good now.

mrkswellby

Reaction score
Verizon's software on the phone does not support bluetooth transfer of the phonebook, as a Verizon tech told me. I had no problems when I was with AT&T, as I had purchased an unlocked (read no AT&T and no Verizon software) Motorola Krazr phone. It supported bluetooth phonebook transfer, read text messages and allowed me to reply (when going slower than 5mph or stopped); voice dialing and all the features. The Droid is what I have now, since it's on Verizon's network, which gets better reception at my office desk. I'm dissappointed I can't do text messages via Sync, but got used to that after suffering with Samsung Glyde. I just want to get my contacts/phonebook to transfer from the Droid to Sync. I haven't tried doing so while USB was connected. Thought it should work via Bluetooth but so far I get the message "Download failed" immediately after telling it to download (the autodownload does nothing).

mrkswellby

Reaction score
Backup Assistant does not work with the Motorola Droid. That's not the point, I have the contacts on the phone, I need them to get to the car's phonebook. Otherwise, you can't use the functionality of hands-free dialing "call Home" or "call Mom". And you won't see on the radio who is calling you. I can still control all of it from the phone, but it's much more distracting.

svttech76

Reaction score
Sync works fine on the droid. The droid does support 6 digit pins but it times out quick so you have to enter it fast. I have used mine on several cars since I use my phone to test sync out if a customer comes in with a sync concern

mrkswellby

Reaction score
Have you been able to get your phonebook to transfer to Sync? I can't get past "Download Failed" on the car radio.

svttech76

Reaction score
Have you been able to get your phonebook to transfer to Sync? I can't get past "Download Failed" on the car radio.

Mine transfers just fine on all the cars I have tried it on. The onlyh thing that does not seem to work is getting sync to read my text messages

mrkswellby

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford Fusion. I've asked the dealer to upgrade to Sync 2.1 but they were just learning how to do it and couldn't get it done. I wouldn't expect that 2.1 is necessary for phonebook. Do you use bluetooth or connect via usb?

fleej

Reaction score
Sync works great!

Microsoft Sync is fantastic with the Droid. Every feature except text messages works well. You can stream all of your music on the Droid through the speakers. This includes Pandora!! You can also control the music as well as Pandora with the controls on the steering wheel.

fleej

Reaction score
That is absolutely false. The Droid does support phonebook transfer.

fleej

Reaction score
That is very strange. All of my phone contacts transferred flawlessly the first time I synced it...?

rkeller62

Reaction score
There is an article on engadget about there being more complete sync integration with Android allowing voice control of apps starting with 2011 models.

If I wasn't on Tapatalk I'd link it for you.

pklocke

Reaction score
I have a 2009 F150 King Ranch, and an HTC Droid Incredible. This phone won't work at all for the phone, or anything else, via bluetooth. It syncs for maybe 30 seconds, then it says the phone is disconnected. Does not seem to be able to maintain a connection. Unless I find some definitive solution, I am going to send the Incredible back. I cannot use a phone that will not take advantage of the handsfree capability of Sync.

FYI...I have 3 other phones in my household, all different brands (Samsung, LG, and Blackberry Curve), all with bluetooth, and not a lick of problems with Ford Sync. So frustrating as I like all else about the phone.

Oh well...

mcclenny

Reaction score
start from scratch

I ran into the prob last night on my new Ford. Would get Droid to save on car, then would go back to searching for device. After going round and round with Ford and Verizon, I finally looked at the Sync owners manual, deleted the Droid off my car, reloaded it, and all went smooth from there--loaded phonebook, etc. Was kind of shocked that nobody at dealership had run into this issue.