droid will not pair with ford sync

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Now I just need to sell some more cars so I can buy a Mustang GT.

What's the Employee discount?

I've been looking at the Cobra....Can't decide on Color.

UltimateX

Reaction score
Works for me, I did have a problem with the entry screen closing, but on the third attempt I typed faster and was able to beat the close. I am still disappointed that the phone does not support bluetooth text messaging (even after 2.0.1). For those that don't know, Ford Sync can read text message to you while driving, but unfortunately very few phones actually support it. Last I looked, the iPhone still did not support it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ford Sync can read text message to you while driving, but unfortunately very few phones actually support it.

Sounds like a ford problem more than a BT issue...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

UltimateX

Reaction score
If the phone doesn't support the protocol and the car does, then it is a Droid problem, not a Ford Sync problem. Currently there are very few auxiliary devices (possible none) other than Ford Sync that are capable of doing text messages over bluetooth. But now that Ford several million cars with Sync on the road, the manufactures should step up and support the protocol. I have had Sync for almost 2 years now, it is standard equipment on every well equipped Ford car and available for about $200 on lower end models.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If the phone doesn't support the protocol and the car does, then it is a Droid problem, not a Ford Sync problem. Currently there are very few auxiliary devices (possible none) other than Ford Sync that are capable of doing text messages over bluetooth. But now that Ford several million cars with Sync on the road, the manufactures should step up and support the protocol. I have had Sync for almost 2 years now, it is standard equipment on every well equipped Ford car and available for about $200 on lower end models.

Does ford offer the technology for implementation?

UltimateX

Reaction score
Ford Sync can read text message to you while driving, but unfortunately very few phones actually support it.

I believe that this an optional implementation in the Bluetooth specification, but few manufactures have thus far have implemented it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I believe that this an optional implementation in the Bluetooth specification, but few manufactures have thus far have implemented it.

Must not be as needed as some think.....I personally see no use for it. YMMV :icon_ banana:

DACORDOVA1

Reaction score
I need some help I was able to sync the droid to my F150 and I can make and recieve calls but how were you able to get it to play music having a hard trying to get mine to.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
I had the same problem in my son's Focus. I will try your solution when I'm next in his car, someguy. Thanks.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Wow...I thought Sync only worked with Zune and iPod. That's great!
I've been thinking hard about a Ford Fiesta next year.

AnnDroid

Reaction score
Wow...I thought Sync only worked with Zune and iPod. That's great!
I've been thinking hard about a Ford Fiesta next year.

The Microsoft Sync (not Ford Sync as some call it) supports playing music from any storage device. It could be iPhone, Zune, thumb drive or a 1.5 terabyte external hard drive. Anything storage device that you can connect to your PC can connect to Sync. When it's first connected the Sync device will read the MP3 tags and catalog the files for voice retreval. If there are playlists also stored on the device it will copy those also.

The reading of text messages is device dependant. There are NO Verizon phones that will play text messages through Microsoft Sync so I suspect it's a Verizon issue, not a device issue. You can find a list of all phones that will play text messages on the SyncMyRide.com website.