DROID will not Boot to Recovery

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
:welcome:

But, unfortunately if you tried flashing a .sbf file and it failed and now you have code corrupt you don't have root anymore and you'll have to flash it to where you don't have code corrupt but you really need to give more details like which .sbf file exactly did you use what os are you using on your computer exactly how far did it get before it failed do you have the right drivers installed and everything because using rsd lite is very picky and tricky and so we need to really know how to proceed first things first make sure your battery stays well charged good and theres a thread in the labs section that will really help you out with flashing a .sbf file with rsd lite and i have the full on frg22d .sbf file in my collection below good luck

thewil

Reaction score
well ya see it didnt get past rebooting which is my problem, it would get to the M think about it then reboot like normal, but i did select wipe data and cache and i tried factory reset from settings but it didnt do anything

thewil

Reaction score

thewil

Reaction score
as of right now my phone says
"bootloader
2c.6c

code corrupt
battery low (blinking)
cannot program" (also blinking)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, it is too bad that you jumped to using RSD Lite instead of waiting to try some other methods as mwhartman tried to steer you to. Now you are in a spot that only completing the flash with RSD Lite will fix. First, though you have to get your battery charged. It might be possible to get it charged if you plug it into the wall charger for a long time, however I don't think it charges while in bootloader mode. So either you buy a battery only charger or find a friend with a droid that will loan you a charged battery.

Then you will need to tackle RSD Lite. If it's not working on your Mac, you might have to find a windows machine, xp preferred. Here is a thread that has about the most information in it to using RSD Lite:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

good luck

thewil

Reaction score
ok thanks, i will try that and let you know of the results

thewil

Reaction score
Well since my battery was dead and i dont know anyone with a d1, i took it to the Verizon store. I told them my screen locked up so i pulled the battery and when i put it back i got the bootloader screen. They charged my battery and re flashed the firmware. Now i have a droid with 2.2. all is well ^_^

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sweet! Glad you're fixed and that sure helped you out because RSD Lite can be a real PITA even on a windows box.