DROID will not Boot to Recovery

crease

Reaction score
I have tried many times to Boot to Recovery. Holding the X and Power Button just give the Motorola Logo indefinitely. I have to take the battery out to reboot it. I have tried several combinations. Holding X then pressing Power, doing them simultaneously,...none work, all have the same result.

A friend gave me this phone and I do not know much of the history except that it was on his verizon acct. He wanted to get rid of all of his info before he gave it to me, but even the Verizon tech could not do it!

I can boot normally.

I have also done a Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset twice. Both times it restarts to a Motorola Logo screen indefinitely.

I am able to use the ADB also. I have tried "adb reboot recovery" and "adb shell reboot recovery". Both it restart to a Motorola Logo screen indefinitely.

Thanks for reading and any help you might offer.

Len

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
can you boot into the bootloader. i think powering it on while holding the d pad down on the keyboard,if so then id try flashing one of the sbf files with rsdlite or whatever. that would flash your phone completly to stock with stock recovery.

OP
C

crease

Reaction score
Yes. I can boot to the BootLoader. Then I don't know what to do. I plug in the USB and the DROID screen says its ready for transfer. I am NOT rooted.

I was wondering if a file was missing on my DROID that's not allowing the Recovery to come up?

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
im assuming your missing the boot-from-recovery.p file. you should beable to flash the 2.0.1 sbf file with rsdlite or whatever. there are plenty of guides just google how to fix a brick droid.

OP
C

crease

Reaction score
I thought there might be an easier answer. thanks for your help. Ill try what you suggested and post my results.
Thanks

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Failing on an .sbf is common, RSDLite pretty much sucks haha. I had to flash multiple times before it finally did it successfully. I have heard people having to flash it 10+ times before it got it correct.

thewil

Reaction score
i have the same problem, i dont want to have to use rsdlite. do you know of anything else

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well when i used rsd lite it worked but i know u have to do it exactly right for it to "pass"...i have had problems with my phone not wanting to reboot into recovery the same way u r saying..i t will boot if i just let the phone boot up without holding any specific button but if i try to hold power and the x it doesnt work..it will stay on the logo also...then like u said, u have to take the battery out as well.....i dont honestly know the fix but i know as for me sometimes my sd wont mount when i try to go into clockwork recovery and it will automatically reboot itself and if i take the battery out is when this problem happens...but if i actually let it boot up and go to my rom manager and flash again and when it finally goes into recovery successfully at the time it will work fine again...y dont u try rooting the phone and then downloading rom manager and flash clockwork recovery and see if u can reboot into recovery like that....when ur friend wiped his phone out, it could have messed with something....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

thewil

Reaction score
well i used rsd but it failed and now its on the bootloader saying code corrupt

thewil

Reaction score
oh and btw i have root and i was trying to install a rom with rom manager but it wouldn't boot recovery

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe the data and cache before you installed the new rom?