droid water

riddlebox420

Reaction score
i was at work and got a bucket of water threw on me for my birthday and it got into my original motorola droid and the water got to the screen i pulled the battery and dried it out have it in a bowl of rice to pull out any other water thats in it. is the screen done to were it wont show images or will it be ok

DROID11

Reaction score
It depends, but I wouldn't count on the phone working again. The rice and what not may help but typically once wet phones are done for good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My mom had dropped her LG Ally in the toilet. It was fully submerged and had a case on which trapped water. I took everything off and put it in rice for over 24 hours and it worked fine. Just leave it in the rice as long as possible to get the moisture out.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
riddlebox420

riddlebox420

Reaction score
i jus took a look at my droid and the red x's with the white background on my battery is red and the red x's with the white background on my phone is still white with red x's do i have a glimmer of hope that the battery might not give off enough power to turn the display screen on

Beka27

Reaction score
Are you going to get financial compensation for the replacement of your phone from the coworkers who threw water on you? That is completely unacceptable.

OP
riddlebox420

riddlebox420

Reaction score
i have a glimmer of hope today i put it on the charger jus to see how it was doing and i can see the m logo and my main screens when it boots up but its jus really dark hopefully keeping it in the rice longer will draw out the moisture jus not sure if i will get the brightness back on it

OP
riddlebox420

riddlebox420

Reaction score
my new phone will be here today im praying its another d1 but dont know and one of the guys is paying half of it which he told me when it happened that he would if i had to get a new phone and the other guy is ignoring me and avoiding it but oh well cant wait to get my new phone insurance is great

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you had insurance and at least one of the responsible parties is stepping up...

In "the old days" you used to be able to get tossed in a pool at any moment and the worst that would happen is your sneakers and wallet got soaked. Now everyone has cell phones and MP3 players on their person... spontaneity around water is costly... lol. :)