Droid vs Nexus One

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nexus one

seems like verizon is looking to maybe replace the eris with the nexus. If I was a new customer it would be a question along the lines of do i prefer a keyboard and the bulkiness or would i rather have a slim device. For those who dont use the droid keyboard it may be a better phone for them idk. I personally prefer the keyboard. But hey the more android phones being made will result in more exposure and it will draw more big name developers.
personally the droid does what I want it to do, there are some features i would like to see added, but over all its a smash hit for me. Besides the way technology is, about time that i am due for an upgrade there will be a phone that make the nexus look like the eris. I refuse to go broke chasing technology trying to get the latest and greatest. if it works for me i dont care if the other device load and extra 2 secs faster. I would rather keep 600 dollars in my pocket then get a web page up 2 extra secs faster.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The nexus is a more advanced device. There will be a more advanced phone than the nexus in a few months. I am enjoying my droid and that's all that matters to me.

J

Johnly

IMO, minimal. The nexus has the better hardware, and therefore it will perform faster....duh, but hardly by much, as the droid is specking some radical shiznet.....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nexus is still an HTC device. Some people don't like HTC hardware. It's just going to give us more choices.

And as JhankG said, technology is ever advancing and there will be a 'better' device in a few months. It's the nature of the beast.

J

Johnly

Nexus is still an HTC device. Some people don't like HTC hardware. It's just going to give us more choices.

And as JhankG said, technology is ever advancing and there will be a 'better' device in a few months. It's the nature of the beast.
Yes, and the nexus is sucked up with t-mo....does google embarrass themselves any further???????? Why in the heck they didn't hold out for a little bit to get the big *** networks on board is hilarious, in fact, at the nexus one event, when they were asked that specific question, it made them look like the fool. It did too...But I still think google is going to conquer the world ha ha ha ha that damn information collector..what have you googled lately that could implement you??????????????

olletsocmit

Reaction score
The nexus is a more advanced device. There will be a more advanced phone than the nexus in a few months. I am enjoying my droid and that's all that matters to me.

Well said! There is going to be a bigger and better phone basically every 3 months for the rest of our lives. something is always gonna be better. you can switch to the N1 and then there will be something new a week leter and everyone is gonna want the new thing.

I love my droid. Best phone i have ever had and im keeping it.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just don't see anything compelling enough for me to leave the Droid. I don't use the physical keyboard and would love to remove it, but this is not the one for me to switch. Droid has been way to great!!!

A little more speed isn't enough to make me switch. My Droid is very capable and fast enough for me. Plus I like the flash, the physical keyboard, and the screen is beautiful. I also prefer the straight lines and "darkness" of the Droid's design.

In no way and I talking the N1 down though, it looks like an amazing phone but their specs are so similar that I see no reason to switch.

The N1 is thinner and does not have the relatively useless (for me anyway) physical keyboard. I'll take thin over the keyboard.

Also, I think T-Mobile allows simultaneous voice and data (unlike Verizon which allows only one or the other unless on WiFi).

no one mentioned the N1 lacks of physical keyboard?!?!
nope :(

tenchar

samredman

Reaction score
I have found that the on-screen keyboard on my Droid is quite useful and I have developed quite a bit of speed and skill using the auto suggest words, however, in the course of everyday work (I do a lot of business communication) I will come across situations where I really need the features of a physical keyboard. It's usually not for much typing (large text pieces are fine with the on screen), but sometimes there are forms to fill out that the on-screen just doesn't give me enough control (more of a navigation thing than anything else). So, I just slide out the keyboard, enter the little bit needed and all is well.

I used the iphone for a while (their on screen keyboard is similar to Droid in ease of use), but I really appreciate the difference the Droid offers with the physical keyboard. In my business different people have different models so sometimes I am carrying someone else's phone (like when I leave mine in my office).

Physical keyboards like on the Envtouch (and some others) are really superior to what we have and I wish the Droid had that... but having both the remarkable onscreen keyboard and the physical keyboard it does have (for those special times) really makes for a great combination. Based on that... once 2.1 is updated to the Droid, I think Droid wins (for me, at least).

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
n1 = no physical keyboard = deal breaker for me! Plus, I am very happy with my moto droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
you forgot...

network
T-Mobile unless you want to wait for a while, droid - Verizon
TMO isn't the only GSM carrier that operates on the N1's supported bands.

Well, the N1 should work overseas, right? Just pop in a prepaid SIM when you travel.
As long as the overseas carrier is using one of the supported bands -- for voice anyway. Data just depends on whether or not you can get data with your prepaid SIM.

also, i think t-mobile allows simultaneous voice and data (unlike verizon which allows only one or the other unless on wifi).

o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d!!!
Subjective is what you mean. Some may need it, others don't. At&t has definitely been making a bigger deal out of it than it actually is. Heck, a physical keyboard is overrated to someone who doesn't care for them.

Yes, and the nexus is sucked up with t-mo....does google embarrass themselves any further????????
Huh? VZW and Vodafone are queued up for a spring release.

Last edited:

crazygemini1919

Reaction score
if you go on the google homepage it gives you the full break down of the nexus and it practically the same thing as the droid cuz there both android phones.. i would defiently not get rid of my droid for a nexus.. and i would also never buy an all touch screen phone... nexus is set up to compete with the iphone.. all the android phones are

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you go on the google homepage it gives you the full break down of the nexus and it practically the same thing as the droid cuz there both android phones..
What? With your reasoning the Droid Eris, myTouch, G1, Hero and all the other Android devices are also "practically the same thing as the Droid" since they're all Android phones...
rolleye2.gif

nexus is set up to compete with the iphone.. all the android phones are
The N1 is designed to compete with all smartphones out there. It would be foolish to discount the other competition in the market.

Last edited:

crazygemini1919

Reaction score
i just bought my droid a week ago and i using it for 2 plus years! u spent money on your phone be happy with it! its ridiculous that people have the droid right now , the hottest thing on the market but yet still lookin for somethin bigger and better