Droid vs Nexus One

Luxury

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an up to date comparison of Droid and Nexus One? Particularly, I would be interested in what the Droid has that N1 doesn't.

Everything that I'm able to find through google right now is pre-announcement.

pcandroid

Reaction score
nexus

Removable 1400 mAH battery
Charges at 480mA from USB, at 980mA from supplied charger
Talk time Up to 10 hours on 2G
Up to 7 hours on 3G Standby time Up to 290 hours on 2G Up to 250 hours on 3G Internet use Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 6.5 hours on Wi-Fi Video playback Up to 7 hours Audio playback Up to 20 hours Processor

Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz
Operating system

Android Mobile Technology Platform 2.1 (Eclair)
Capacity

512MB Flash
512MB RAM
4GB Micro SD Card (Expandable to 32 GB)
Assisted global positioning system (AGPS) receiver
Cell tower and Wi-Fi positioning
Digital compass
Accelerometer

Size and weight

Height 119mm Width 59.8mm Depth 11.5mm Weight 130 grams w/battery
100g w/o battery Display

3.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen
800 x 480 pixels
100,000:1 typical contrast ratio
1ms typical response rate
Camera & Flash

5 megapixels
Autofocus from 6cm to infinity
2X digital zoom
LED flash
User can include location of photos from phone’s AGPS receiver
Video captured at 720x480 pixels at 20 frames per second or higher, depending on lighting conditions
Cellular & Wireless

UMTS Band 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900)
HSDPA 7.2Mbps
HSUPA 2Mbps
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
A2DP stereo Bluetooth

bgdave

Reaction score
Ditto this question. I'd love to see a side by side chart.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
from the specs for the N1 the only thing about it that makes me want to switch from my moto droid is the oled screen...oled screens just look so much more vibrant and unlike LCD's, the blacks are truly black, plus they use less power. My wife has a samsung rogue with an oled screen and the difference is VERY noticeable to me.

OP
L

Luxury

Reaction score
Also, this is probably a newbie question, but does 'GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)' and the other specs mean it will work equally well in Europe as in the US? At its top connection as well, which is what, 3G?

brochaos

Reaction score
main differences i can think of?

cpu: n1-1ghz snapdragon, droid-550mhz cortex a8 + 200mhz powervr gpu
screen: n1-800x480 amoled, droid-854x480 lcd
memory: n1-512 ram and 512 rom, droid 256 ram and 512 rom

thats basically it...

korp

Reaction score
Also, this is probably a newbie question, but does 'GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)' and the other specs mean it will work equally well in Europe as in the US? At its top connection as well, which is what, 3G?
GSM/EDGE is like Att/Verizon (technology they use) .... smartphones aren't released without 3G anymore! lol.

Also, according to those specs it only comes with a 4GB sd card? LAME ... lol I enjoy my droid :)

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
main differences i can think of?

cpu: n1-1ghz snapdragon, droid-550mhz cortex a8 + 200mhz powervr gpu
screen: n1-800x480 amoled, droid-854x480 lcd
memory: n1-512 ram and 512 rom, droid 256 ram and 512 rom

thats basically it...
you forgot...

network
T-Mobile unless you want to wait for a while, droid - Verizon

redlinerobert

Reaction score
I just spoke to a friend who has an inside scoop at Google. The N1 has better graphics, and yes it's faster. Not enough of a difference for me to switch. Even he is telling me to stick to my droid.

Newton122189

Reaction score
engadget acted like the display was less nice, they said the missing 54 pixels were noticeable and the AMOLED screen made all the colors have a little too much red and orange, most all reviews gave the Droid 10/10 on display, so just cuz the N1 display is technically "better" doesnt really mean it is, however the snapdragon is no contest, N1 wins that battle all day

StupidGenius

Reaction score
you forgot...

network

For me, that's the ultimate difference. The only thing that could give the N1 an advantage when it comes to Verizon is if it's "worldmode", which probably won't happen. The Droid 2 will probably have a 1ghz processor too. I'll wait.

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
, however the snapdragon is no contest, N1 wins that battle all day

Ill wait to see how the battery does before agreeing/disagreeing with this statement for me. I agree faster is usually better but this is a phone for me first and a computer second.....If I can't use it as a phone because the battery is always dead I'd rather it be a little slower. JMHO. Its hard enough for me to go a full day on a charge with the droid and I leave Wi-Fi and GPS off and brightness at the lowest setting.

JaCelica2k

Reaction score
you forgot...

network

For me, that's the ultimate difference. The only thing that could give the N1 an advantage when it comes to Verizon is if it's "worldmode", which probably won't happen. The Droid 2 will probably have a 1ghz processor too. I'll wait.

Agreed. I love my droid.....would be nice if it were worldmode but honestly I dont travel enough anymore to make it worthwhile.

bacalao

Reaction score
Well, the N1 should work overseas, right? Just pop in a prepaid SIM when you travel.
I did that with my unlocked storm in Thailand; can you believe phone and data over there is like $20/month!

OP
L

Luxury

Reaction score
Well, the N1 should work overseas, right? Just pop in a prepaid SIM when you travel.
I did that with my unlocked storm in Thailand; can you believe phone and data over there is like $20/month!

Yeah, that's one of my main questions. Will the N1 have full capabilities in Europe?

I feel like that should be clearly derivable from the specs provided, but I lack the expertise.