Droid visual output problems

webwilly

Reaction score
I recently got a Droid 2 :motdroidhoriz:, and have had some issues with the visual output.

What I mean by this is there have been times (the past 2 days) where my phone has gone blank. So, I'd power it down & it would come up clear with everything flipped (ie. the droid logo backwards, my desktop backwards, etc). And even though all that is backwards, the phone works as if it's not backwards (ie. if I click on the icon on the right, I'm actually clicking on the one on the left & vice versa).

There are also times where I'll turn the phone on & it looks like the visual output is shifted so that it's pushed down about a third of the way, and the screen is split (ie. the motorola m & anything else, looks like there's 2 of them in a VERY low quality).

I'm getting very frustrated with this, especially when it doesn't show anything on the screen at all. At that time, I just pull the battery & let it sit for a bit and then start it back up. Then, it will come up normal at times, and then other times it will either backwards or low quality (and other times it will come up normal but switch my wifi on & off constantly...which I think is a whole other issue).

Has anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions?

I'm seriously considering returning this phone & getting a blackberry or something, especially since my wife & I both got new phones at the same time, and her blackberry has worked perfectly (I realize not all the same features).

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-ww

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
O have never seen that but it sounds like you should take it back, to me at least. I wouldn't say to get a blackberry though because this problem is no representative of the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
W

webwilly

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I really like this phone, I just am very frustrated w/ these issues i'm having w/ it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I really like this phone, I just am very frustrated w/ these issues i'm having w/ it.

Understandably so. Like I said this is definitely not normal and certainly cause for replacement.

OP
W

webwilly

Reaction score
It appears that it is defective. I am sending it back to letstalk (walmart's partner who I bought this from). There were no questions asked when I called tech support, so I'm guessing they've seen this before.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction. I appreciate the help. Now, just gotta wait to get the new one. :(