Droid Video

BostonMike

Reaction score
I have recently taken some videos on my Moto Droid and I had the camera vertical when I recorded. When I sent the video to my PC it was playing sideways. Is there a way to correct this? Some of the pictures that I have taken are sideways too but I can rotate them to portrait mode no problem. I don't know how to do this with video. Is it possible?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure if you can rotate video..might have to just turn it sideways.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google it. You'd need an app (desktop as I doubt there's a Droid app) to reencode the video with the image rotated 90 degrees. There were lots of hits with rotate and video as keywords.

psujames41

Reaction score
Speaking of videos... I took a 2 min video the other day and I can't text or email it. Says the file is too large. WTF :angry:

snappingfish

Reaction score
how to

I have recently taken some videos on my Moto Droid and I had the camera vertical when I recorded. When I sent the video to my PC it was playing sideways. Is there a way to correct this? Some of the pictures that I have taken are sideways too but I can rotate them to portrait mode no problem. I don't know how to do this with video. Is it possible?

a desktop program that runs w/pc OR Mac.....

Rotate and Watch a Video in VLC
Download, install, and run VLC Media Player. (See download link below)
sshot123.png

Open your video file by going to Media > Open File… and browsing for your file. Or, by just dragging and dropping your video onto the VLC player.
sshot155.png

Choose Tools from the Menu bar and select Effects and Filters.
sshot115.png

On the Video Effects tab, tick the Transform checkbox and choose your degrees of rotation. The video is rotated counter-clockwise, so to rotate clockwise 90 degrees you’ll want to choose Rotate by 270 degrees.
sshot210.png

Now you can enjoy your video the way it was intended to be viewed.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking of videos... I took a 2 min video the other day and I can't text or email it. Says the file is too large. WTF :angry:

You'll need to turn down the video quality... on the default camera, there are two settings, High (for SD card), and Low (for MMS messages).

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
snappingfish, when I click effects and filters it does not do anything. Any idea why?

OP
BostonMike

BostonMike

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know why but I had to uninstall and reinstall VLC and it worked! Thank so much for your help!