pictures come out sideways

cchhiipp

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1. When I take pictures in portrait form (vertical) they look fine when I view them on my Droid. But when I email them or transfer them to my computer, they come out sideways. Only when I take pictures with the camera oriented horizontally do they come out with the same orientation in emails.

How can I make vertical images stay vertical? Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Your suppose to hold the Droid Horizontal when taking picture.

OP
cchhiipp

cchhiipp

Reaction score
I don't buy that. It's a camera. There are two ways to take pictures - horizontal and vertical. It should accommodate both.

And it seems to try to - the gallery knows how to orient the pictures when viewing. You take a picture vertically, it shows you a vertical image. but it forgets that when you email it.

Is there a better camera app out there or something that actually works right?

OP
cchhiipp

cchhiipp

Reaction score
If it's been an issue since day 1, then shouldn't someone have figured out a solution by now? Like a camera app that saves vertical pictures vertical?

I mean, I'm not crazy for wanting vertical pictures, right?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You are taking a picture sideways so it shows up sideways. You can use the Gallery app on your phone or just about any picture viewer on your PC to rotate it the way you want.

Jendinla

Reaction score
No, Im not taking them sideways. And thry look fine when viewing in gallery. Its when I try to post to fb or message that it turns sideways

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you are not holding the phone like a camera when you take the pictrue then you are taking it sideways. Use the Gallery app to rotate the picture before posting it to facebook. It works. I have done it many times.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
If you are not holding the phone like a camera when you take the pictrue then you are taking it sideways...

Wrong. Cameras (and camera phones) are used to take landscape and portrait photos. There is no "sideways" with a camera. There is something screwy with the software of the Droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If you are not holding the phone like a camera when you take the pictrue then you are taking it sideways...

Wrong. Cameras (and camera phones) are used to take landscape and portrait photos. There is no "sideways" with a camera. There is something screwy with the software of the Droid.

Say what you will, but there is a right and wrong way to take pics on the droid.