Picture Rotation Question?

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
The phone can easily rotate pictures taken by the camera. The question I have though is why after rotating the picture 90 degrees in either direction does it not upload in the new direction? It keeps uploading the picture the same as before.

Now I am uploading sideways pictures to Facebook even though they look fine on the phone. Can you please explain why the pictures are coming out sideways before and after the rotate?

eliassami5

Reaction score
The phone can easily rotate pictures taken by the camera. The question I have though is why after rotating the picture 90 degrees in either direction does it not upload in the new direction? It keeps uploading the picture the same as before.

Now I am uploading sideways pictures to Facebook even though they look fine on the phone. Can you please explain why the pictures are coming out sideways before and after the rotate?

no idea but its pretty easy to rotate pics in facebook.

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem: what I've had to do was take the picture off my phone via the USB cable, rotate it manually using the Microsoft Picture Viewer program, and then upload it to facebook that way.

OP
Kevdog2834

Kevdog2834

Reaction score
no idea but its pretty easy to rotate pics in facebook.

You are right. It is a simple extra step and well worth it.

It got everyone to see the new Nissan GT-R right-side up. What a beauty.

bradleonard

Reaction score
I haven't read all of the threads on this issue yet, but no one has offered a solution this thread. Going on facebook to rotate a picture afternoon being uploaded from a Droid is not a viable solution. It is easy to access the full Facebook desktop page from the phone. I believe this issue is much bigger than not uploading to facebook with the correct orientation. When I take a picture with my phone, the picture is often saved rotated 90 degrees in the wrong orientation or even completely upside down. Even when I attempt to rotate the pics in the gallery they will rotate but once I try to upload them or copy them onto a computer they show up at the destination in the original incorrect orientation.

I use Pro Paint camera most often. I don't use the stock camera very often on my Droid because it sucks. Images don't as often save incorrectly with the stock camera but it does happen.

voyageurs60

Reaction score
Has anyone figured this one out? I don't like the extra steps... it should upload in the changed orientation in the phone and not require me to change it... Thanks Dan