droid unprecedented hardware, FAULTY SOFTWARE!

xkwwwx

Reaction score
Wow this phone could be capable of amazing things. If only Motorola would have paid attention to the details. Bluetooth, email, physical keyboard, and ui. Hope this update comes soon an addresses the real issues, not just the easy fixes.

J

JohnDroid

Wow this phone could be capable of amazing things. If only Motorola would have paid attention to the details. Bluetooth, email, physical keyboard, and ui. Hope this update comes soon an addresses the real issues, not just the easy fixes.

It is very rare that a phone with this many features works perfectly out of the box. With that said, I've not run into any real issues in my use. :heart:

I think it's important to remember to be a bit patient... I think they will work out 99.9% of the bugs with the next couple of software updates.

You are bleeding edge, sometimes you have to deal with a tiny amount of pain :)

Hey, at least it has working MMS and push out of the box :icon_ banana: took Apple a couple years to get that working.

OP
xkwwwx

xkwwwx

Reaction score
I love my Droid, but I need to be able to edit,copy,paste email. This is a huge shortcoming.

pilot25

Reaction score

It is very rare that a phone with this many features works perfectly out of the box. With that said, I've not run into any real issues in my use. :heart:

I think it's important to remember to be a bit patient... I think they will work out 99.9% of the bugs with the next couple of software updates.

Hey, at least it has working MMS and push out of the box :icon_ banana: took Apple a couple years to get that working.

It's amazing how corporations have brainwashed us in thinking it's okay to buy something that doesn't work as it should. Instead of properly beta testing the product before release. We have become the free beta testers.

It's ridiculous.

OP
xkwwwx

xkwwwx

Reaction score

You can cut, copy and paste email.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/1292-copy-cut-paste-using-keyboard.html

If you want to copy text from a previous email, just hold down shift and drag your finger along the line of text you want to copy.

Done.

Ok but how do I cut out text that I don't want forwarded or replied.

Stigy

Reaction score

Copy all and paste to a new email, maybe?

I've never had to edit a forward or reply since if I did I probably wouldn't be forwarding or replying, but that is besides the point...

Not sure on this one -- can any phone do this?

OP
xkwwwx

xkwwwx

Reaction score

I've never had to edit a forward or reply since if I did I probably wouldn't be forwarding or replying, but that is besides the point...

my storm can. Email is in HTML. Always when I forward it opens a new. Window where the entire email is fully editable.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i heard there is already an OTA update which fixes minor bugs..its coming in december i think or late november

Stigy

Reaction score

my storm can. Email is in HTML. Always when I forward it opens a new. Window where the entire email is fully editable.
Sorry then I have no idea...

OP
xkwwwx

xkwwwx

Reaction score

Sorry then I have no idea...
thanks for the help, but the lack of a real manual and the many little missing options that just about every other smartphone has is just driving me nuts.

Stigy

Reaction score
Besides the email issue listed above, what other options do you find missing from the Droid and maybe we can address them if they are available within the Android OS.

OP
xkwwwx

xkwwwx

Reaction score
Besides the email issue listed above, what other options do you find missing from the Droid and maybe we can address them if they are available within the Android OS.

The obvious lack of good and intelligent Bluetooth support. No bt voice dial/recognition. Phone will often not reconnect after dropout. Software does not work switching between phone and media Bluetooth and often crashes when put in a situation when it must forced to reconnect after phone interupts media connection. What to do into the cold with no hard keys ,convenience keys,Bluetooth voice dial, and keyboard keys far to small to use with gloves.

atlDROIDfan

Reaction score

The obvious lack of good and intelligent Bluetooth support. No bt voice dial/recognition. Phone will often not reconnect after dropout. Software does not work switching between phone and media Bluetooth and often crashes when put in a situation when it must forced to reconnect after phone interupts media connection. What to do into the cold with no hard keys ,convenience keys,Bluetooth voice dial, and keyboard keys far to small to use with gloves.

can any smartphone keyboard be used with gloves??

OP
xkwwwx

xkwwwx

Reaction score
there are gloves you can buy with a slot cut out for your finger. 30 bucks .... ok i can take some cold... strange enough my bluetooth was working connecting and auto syncing today??? what is going on.. it just keeps getting better..