Droid Turbo ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm stoked!!! I want it before Halloween though... Cause Michael Myers might get me... And then Freddy might get him.. And then Jason might get him.. And then Mickey mouse might get him... And then... OK.. Too much pre workout..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm stoked!!! I want it before Halloween though... Cause Michael Myers might get me... And then Freddy might get him.. And then Jason might get him.. And then Mickey mouse might get him... And then... OK.. Too much pre workout..

I hope you can get it before Halloween. All that Droid Kevlar will deflect Mike's knife, Freddie's claws, Jason's machete, and...I thought Mickey Mouse was a good guy...but it will deflect him too if need be. :eek:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I actually like capacitative keys....and the top and bottom bezel don't look horrible, so may be a relatively "small" phone given the 5.2" display.

All in all this looks to be the closest any phone has come to what I want (mainly the ram and battery)...and it's Moto. So, #winner

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I'm sure the capacitive keys aren't that bad. (Just seems strange!)
I didn't think I'd like a physical home button at all on my S3 after coming from the original Galaxy that didn't have one, but I grew to really like it.

tap'n on my S5

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't think I'd like a physical home button at all on my S3 after coming from the original Galaxy that didn't have one, but I grew to really like it.

I use the Home/Back buttons all the time to exit apps, and I also like being able to hit a button for voice search (rather than keep a widget on my screen). I really don't want software buttons on my screen - just seems like a "cleaner" look to me.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Twitter
ga3ane2a.jpg

M8 tap'd

krnmc

Reaction score
I had the moto x for on day before switching to the turbo. I actually like the feel of the turbo more when I'm holding it with one hand. No complain so far!

Night train

Reaction score
So the real question is...is the Turbo worth losing my unlimited data plan at Verizon and still having to pay $200 for the phone, or is it even worth paying for outright ($600) and keeping my unlimited plan?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So the real question is...is the Turbo worth losing my unlimited data plan at Verizon and still having to pay $200 for the phone, or is it even worth paying for outright ($600) and keeping my unlimited plan?

The phone is pretty rock-solid. Battery life is very good (not the 2-days advertised, though, but an easy 24 hours). Call clarity is typical moto, and the speakerphone is also very good.

I have no issues with the camera. Don't take a ton of photos, but they seem pretty good to me and waiting half a second for it to snap is no big deal (and I think this will improve with software updates).

Wifi and 4G signal strength maybe isn't the best, but fine (I haven't tried he 5ghz band yet). I've hit 4G speeds - on my pc with USB tether - over 40Mbps!

So, yeah, it's worth full retail to keep unlimited (assuming you regularly use 10+ gigs, otherwise other plans may be better to get the subsidy). Looking forward to Lollipop to see what this phone is really capable of (and waiting for some of my apps to catch-up to the hardware). I actually like the Moto actions/attentive display, though I've disabled much of it because Locale is still a bit more refined. Still tons of potential with location based setting and apps/activities if Google and Moto really focus on it.

But it also depends on what you're coming from. Even the MotoX1 I don't think I'd upgrade....but if your phone is 2 years or older, I think the Turbo is the best out there right now. Under no circumstance would I buy a new phone today with less than 3gigs of ram (which, unfortunately, limits options for those of us that wanted a phone smaller than 5")

50%Kraut

Reaction score
New Turbo owner today, and so far loving it, despite full $599 price. Original Droid owner, then Maxx, now Turbo. Keep wondering if 1 year down the road, a regular website normally uses 500kb to open and suddenly uses ,5 mb? keeping my unlimited. Happy Turkey day to all u Droid fans