Droid Turbo vs iPhone 6

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let the debate begin, How do you think the Droid Turbo will stack up against the iPhone 6?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The Turbo comes in with a bit more screen real estate and a slightly larger battery (if I recall correctly)...and of course it is Android ;)...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Let's see... IPhone 6 is roughly equivalent to the 2012 nexus.. So.. I'd say it's not going to be a contest.. But that's just me

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
To me there really is no debate. iPhone caught up to specs of early Android devices and when they could've had the hardware game locked down, they go and make a phone that can get bent by skinny jeans.

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't think the bend issue is that big a deal being that most people use a case, but it's ashame Apple didn't really impress anyone with the 6 other than current Apple users who didn't realize (or care) there are much better Android alternatives. But hey, at least they finally "caught up" so there's that.

tap'n on my S5

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wait... Isn't the resolution on the Turbo like some crazy 565ppi versus the iPhone 6 at 441? No comparison.

And to think... Apple coined the "retina display" phrase. Fail...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't think the bend issue is that big a deal being that most people use a case, but it's ashame Apple didn't really impress anyone with the 6 other than current Apple users who didn't realize (or care) there are much better Android alternatives. But hey, at least they finally "caught up" so there's that.

tap'n on my S5
It probably isn't, but because it's such a unique problem, it really does overshadow alot of the good. For the time being at least. Don't get me wrong it's a very nice device, but it's not really all that it's hyped up to be and then there's "bendgate" to make things worse.

Hardware is always something I liked about Apple, their devices were top notch. The 6 still is of great build quality, but it's so dang similar to the HTC One line now. I got an iphone 4s on my desk right now and it feels more premium than the 6 does, in my opinion of course. A better looking device at that too.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
To me there really is no debate. iPhone caught up to specs of early Android devices and when they could've had the hardware game locked down, they go and make a phone that can get bent by skinny jeans.
Be nice dezymond, you know this is a family friendly forum :p

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I must admit, if the plus (Apple) had not sold out while I was in line, I would have an IPhone but now I get too check out this Turbo and see what the N6 is about. I'm still leaning towards the forbidden fruit (only because I've never bought an Iphone before) but I'm starting too see some Red at the end of the tunnel. ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I must admit, if the plus (Apple) had not sold out while I was in line, I would have an IPhone but now I get too check out this Turbo and see what the N6 is about. I'm still leaning towards the forbidden fruit (only because I've never bought an Iphone before) but I'm starting too see some Red at the end of the tunnel. ;)

While the IPhone got it right with a 4.7" option, I had an Ipad and hated it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Love my Mac Pro will not go to phone though ...I'd take my Android phones to bed ....haha

M8 tap'd

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
While the IPhone got it right with a 4.7" option, I had an Ipad and hated it.
I was waiting for the now released HTC Nexus 9 but my wife surprised me with an Ipad mini for Father's day. I will admit that I enjoy the look and build quality but it is too darn slow and the WiFi connection is poor compared to phones and laptops in the house. It doesn't take much to make me happy but I get frustrated using the thing a lot. I have to keep it for at least a year...right?? Ya know, Happy Wife = Happy Life

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I was waiting for the now released HTC Nexus 9 but my wife surprised me with an Ipad mini for Father's day. I will admit that I enjoy the look and build quality but it is too darn slow and the WiFi connection is poor compared to phones and laptops in the house. It doesn't take much to make me happy but I get frustrated using the thing a lot. I have to keep it for at least a year...right?? Ya know, Happy Wife = Happy Life

Is it the original iPad Mini or the iPad Mini with Retina Display? If it's the original one, then your experience is spot on with mine. With very few exceptions (camera, wifi), the original iPad Mini is running the same hardware as the iPad 2, so it was well behind the curve right from the start. Now I have a Retina model, and it's leaps and bounds better from a performance standpoint. While I certainly prefer Android by a large margin, the Retina iPad Mini is pretty much the perfect size/weight for me for reading. I'm very excited about the Nexus 9 as it looks to be the first device that will really be able to challenge that for me.

As for the actual topic of the thread, while the iPhone 6 is the more impressive looking device to me, I really don't see there being much of a contest between the two. The Turbo will have many more features and better battery life.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
While I certainly prefer Android by a large margin, the Retina iPad Mini is pretty much the perfect size/weight for me for reading. I'm very excited about the Nexus 9 as it looks to be the first device that will really be able to challenge that for me.

Galaxy S Tab 8.4 blows both of them away.