Droid survives 65mph fall out of motorcycle jacket.

ninjamirage

Reaction score
I forgot to zip my jacket pocket, and my A855 fell out of my pocket while riding down Mullholland Highway in Malibu on my ZX10R. I wouldn't have noticed except that my bluetooth headset beeped that it had disconnected while I was listening to music. I thought it would be destroyed when I went back for it. After picking up the battery and battery door, I turned it on, and it started up like normal. Unbelievably everything still works. This phone is a tank!! dancedroid The digitizer is cracked, but it still functions. I will probably replace it soon. Does anyone know of a guide for replacing the digitizer? Peace Out.
GEDC0596.JPG

Last edited:

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
Here ya go. Slightly involved, but worth it.
[video=youtube;6d7ETMfgq2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d7ETMfgq2s"]YouTube - Motorola Droid A855 Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Repair Instructions[/video]

boostedhonda

Reaction score
my og droid survived a wreck i was in last october where the car rolled 7 times and took out countless trees. found it unscratched. these things are amazing.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

OP
N

ninjamirage

Reaction score
my og droid survived a wreck i was in last october where the car rolled 7 times and took out countless trees. found it unscratched. these things are amazing.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

Amazing! Mine didn't even have a case on it. It must have done a bunch of cartwheels on the pavement after falling out at 65 mph.