Droid on a motorcycle

OP
billynair

billynair

Reaction score
Oh I completely and totally agree. But I have been ridding motorcycles for many years and am very comfortable with the whole process. :)

Thank you for sharing. Great advice for beginners. So beginners listen up! Safety first.
haha, I was writing my response while you were posting... good that you know the importance of safety! ;-)

Rasper912

Reaction score
My wife and I use Sena SMH10 headsets for both music and communication (we ride separate bikes). You have the choice of using helmet mounted speakers, or purchasing an optional mount the allows the use of any earbud with a 3.5mm jack.

We use the helmet speakers and have been very happy the sound quality.

Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth Headset Version 2.0 - RevZilla

Oh and Rasper -- +1 on Vulcan's comments.

This might be a good choice for someone who is not in need of another helmet. A nice helmet is anywhere from 200-350. So in my mind, if I buy one for 300, I'll be getting a nice helmet for 200. And bluetooth for 100. Win win. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Rasper912

Reaction score
Oh I completely and totally agree. But I have been ridding motorcycles for many years and am very comfortable with the whole process. :)

Thank you for sharing. Great advice for beginners. So beginners listen up! Safety first.
haha, I was writing my response while you were posting... good that you know the importance of safety! ;-)

Still a great post with good advice. And I totally agree about watching out for other drivers! It's like we're always invisible!

Now I ride like I am invisible. Just to be safe lol.

OP
billynair

billynair

Reaction score
Rasper912 said:
Still a great post with good advice. And I totally agree about watching out for other drivers! It's like we're always invisible!

That is how I stayed alive in the street (BMX), 2 rules:
1) Assume the cars dont see you
2) Assume they are going to TRY and hit you (this keeps you in a location that no matter what you will be OK)

Rasper912

Reaction score
Rasper912 said:

That is how I stayed alive in the street (BMX), 2 rules:
1) Assume the cars dont see you
2) Assume they are going to TRY and hit you (this keeps you in a location that no matter what you will be OK)

That sounds like a working plan to me. Time to change the rules of engagement a little bit. Ninja mode.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My wife and I use Sena SMH10 headsets for both music and communication (we ride separate bikes). You have the choice of using helmet mounted speakers, or purchasing an optional mount the allows the use of any earbud with a 3.5mm jack.

We use the helmet speakers and have been very happy the sound quality.

Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth Headset Version 2.0 - RevZilla

Oh and Rasper -- +1 on Vulcan's comments.

This might be a good choice for someone who is not in need of another helmet. A nice helmet is anywhere from 200-350. So in my mind, if I buy one for 300, I'll be getting a nice helmet for 200. And bluetooth for 100. Win win. :)

Just curious which helmets with integrated Comms are you looking at? I know its not the new Schuberth at the prices your quoting :p

Edit - Nevermind. Guess I didn't get to the end of the thread before posting my reply lol

Card

Reaction score
I've been guilty of listening to music on long rides before, and it's a terrible habit to get into. There are enough crazy drivers out there, that I feel we're invisible enough on the road as it is that we needn't distract ourselves with music or messing with a phone.

With that said, I bought an extra car dock for my D1 and made a small clamp to secure it to the handlebars for when I really NEED my GPS function for directions. But if it's raining, I just take the car. My solution is in no way waterproof.

Rasper912

Reaction score
I would love to hear back from you on how satisfied you are.

The reason I'm leaning more towards the one I posted a few posts ago is based on reviews.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

blackbushido

Reaction score
Bluetooth headset for riding

Hello. Radon222, said it best SENA SMH10!!! You will NOT,be sorry!! Now I'm not recommending this but they are loud and work like a champ!!!!You don't need to leave a headset or plugs in your ears (why would you try to do that??)!!You can control everything with the jog-dial, which is big enough and easily feel when you've got gloves on!!You can also set the smh10 to answer the phone by saying hello loudly!! You'd be talking loud anyway due to being outside and your bike being loud. You'll get what I'm tryin to say!!I'm tryin to find the best name announcement caller id to go along with this.I was using ecid (enhanced caller id),which worked well and didn't really have any complaints except for the phone I was using which was an EVO!!Starttalking was another that worked well...until I found out that it doesn't work with bluetooth yet!!! Let me know what you think.Oh, yeah if you get a zumo 550,ipod touch (mp3 player) along with your phone, you can hook them all up so that when someone calls your phone the music will quiet down and you can hear who's calling you through your smh10.When the phone call ends, the music will resume and you can keep on rollin!! Thats the level I'm tryin to get at!!! I hope this helps?? Let me know what you think!!