Droid stuck in startup ???

Mr. B

Reaction score
I have had my Moto Droid for 3 months now and even though I love it I will be the first to admit that it does have it's quirks. This just happened today and I haven't fixed it yet. The phone brings up the "Droid" screen and then goes to the red eye screen. Usual startup behavior however, it then goes black and starts it all up again.... Not really sure what is going on has anyone else had this problem? I am tired of doing hard resets on this phone and Verizon, although they don't know, is going to replace this phone if it doesn't stop LOL (wouldn't be the first time).

So if any of you all have had this happen I would love to hear how you fixed it or why it happened?

Thanks.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I've had that issue when I've screwed up installing a ROM.

I'm guessing you're running a stock version? Does a battery pull get you booted?

OP
M

Mr. B

Reaction score
Well not really sure how to answer the rom question but I am running GDE and I have pulled the battery and it does nothing and even trying to get to the factory reset isn't working.

mrdroid

Reaction score
Did you install anything before this happened?

Try removing your SD card then booting without it.

jscotti

Reaction score
We had a problem with my wife's Droid a month or two ago that was solved by popping the SD card out. It was apparently slightly unseated when she dropped it (otherwise it was undamaged thanks to the case it wears all the time). I put the SD card back in and it's worked fine ever since. It would not boot properly, though the symptoms were a little different from yours, it could be a simple solution. My Droid has been rebooting often the last day or two. Not sure what's up. Might just be a flaky program.

droiduser5

Reaction score
Mine is stuck on the M logo after trying that JIT app on the market (I should've just stuck w/ the adb shell!).

Nandroid backups hang when checking checksums. I've been able to wipe and install Cyanogen 5.0.5.7, but after running the home screen for a while it freezes, reboots, then gets stuck on the M logo.

Stuck on M logo with SD card removed now. I don't know what to do.

I can still boot to Clockwork recovery but everything is starting to hang no matter what option I choose.